Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
Murderous March
31-03-2006, 08:15 AM,
Murderous March
Well BB/Stillwaddler, indeed I have seriously considered both swimming and cycling. In fact I was a cyclist for many years, and loved it. But these days my peripheral vision is very limited and I'm easily spooked in traffic Sad

And swimming - well to be honest, I find it just too boring to stick at!

No it should only be a couple of weeks before I'm back into it. I have the cast made next thursday, and I'm told the orthotics should be ready within a week. So for the time being I'm just enjoying a well-earned rest for a few days, and then I'll continue with my walking program - I clocked up just a tad over 200 kilometres of walking for the month of March, so I'm not transmogrifying into a tub of lard just yet Smile

I shall also pass the time brewing more beer...

Oh yes.
Run. Just run.
31-03-2006, 08:27 AM,
Murderous March
you could call the next batch Orthotic Ale Big Grin

Glad to hear you haven't been told to keep off your pins altogether - do you have dog to walk?
31-03-2006, 12:56 PM,
Murderous March
stillwaddler Wrote:you could call the next batch Orthotic Ale Big Grin

Glad to hear you haven't been told to keep off your pins altogether - do you have dog to walk?

Most of my walking is to and from work (8km round trip) and bush walking - not really suitable for canines, much as I like dogs Smile

Hmm, yes, "MLC Man's Original Orthotic Ale" - quite catchy. Consider it done!

Speaking of beer, this version of Guinness (i.e the "Foreign Extra") is a bit rare here - this is the much more powerful 7.5% bitter Guinness. Absolutely yummy, but smells odd, rather like a cross between furniture polish and cough medicine. But the taste is to die for! Very different to the draught, and I think better, but with a mule's kick thanks to the extra alcohol.

Question is: what do you call this over there? And is it available on tap?

If it is, I'm coming over Smile
[Image: gfe.jpg]
Run. Just run.
31-03-2006, 05:19 PM,
Murderous March
Mid Life Crisis Man Wrote:Advanced osteo-arthritis in the metatarsal-phalangeal joints and over-rotation of the talus, which is a result of splayed feet, causing premature patella degeneration and chronic anterior shin splints.

Hmm . . . are you sure you're a MLCMan . . . . . . or an Emu?
That splayed feet thing sounds a bit iffy . . .

Likewise sorry to hear the news is not great.
However, being a glass half full kinda guy (that is, I always seem to have a half-full glass of something close by just now) at least taking this approach will stop you making the problem any worse.

Here's to a full recovery.
I promise, hand on heart, when you get up and running (and highly regarded) once more I will visit you in the colonies to drink brews and lope the light fantastic with ya.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

01-04-2006, 08:11 PM,
Murderous March
Must confess never of having heard of this....so I went searching - purely for research purposes. Sadly I doubt very much that it's of draft anywhere though.

Certainly has a kick to it. (hic.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

02-04-2006, 12:20 AM,
Murderous March
Seafront Plodder Wrote:Certainly has a kick to it. (hic.)

Yes, an acceptable alternative to Sweder Brew. And it'll get you out the door on those cold, wintry mornings (not that you have too many more of those to worry about for a while)...
Run. Just run.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forward March Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 26 4,885 30-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Charliecat5
  March Too Much Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 32 12,809 04-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  Long March Rocket Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 25 12,530 01-04-2016, 10:02 AM
  Maaaaarvellous March. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 19 10,072 01-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Last Post: marathondan
  Frog March Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 12 6,047 14-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  Mangling March or, Sleepless in Sydney. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 17 11,918 02-04-2011, 09:24 PM
  Missing March ... and, er ... February. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 4 2,759 23-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  Marred March, or: Tina Arena and me. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 11 5,927 10-03-2009, 11:19 AM
  March maundering. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 81 51,739 31-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Sweder
  March melancholy Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 0 1,712 08-03-2005, 06:07 AM