Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing March ... and, er ... February.
22-03-2010, 06:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 22-03-2010, 06:32 AM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
Missing March ... and, er ... February.
Hello.

Boy, where did those last few weeks go? After a superlative January, in which I clocked up more than 150 kilometres, I was all fired up to continue the running mayhem through February and March, but instead a string of events manifested itself which reduced my February mileage to somewhat less than 150km ( Undecided ) and my March mileage to zero. If, that is, you don't count running between panic-stricken chaotic episodes and fighting the tide of angst-riddled maelstroms of uncertainty and powerlessness. Suffice to say that my RC-quietness has been the result of a combination of work, both paid and unpaid, and minor, but time-consuming disasters, such as floods, tree branches punching holes in the roof, gale-force winds ripping the sides off my shed and even a power surge destroying my computer (and, on that score, let me assure you that surge-arresting power boards don't necessarily bloody-well work!)... and well, the next thing you know, 7 weeks of my life have disappeared somewhere in a misty fug and the running shoes have gathered enough dust to render them indistinguishable from the box of old photos and Christmas cards I also keep under the bed.

Anyway, perhaps unusually for me, the imposed lay-off has not dampened my enthusiasm at all, but like some perambulatory acnestis, it remains an itch I cannot scratch. Not, at least, until the current season of insurance claims, real estate transactions, weddings, funerals and other property and family-related Himalayan-like matters have been well and truly sort out.

Sad to say I haven't even caught up with everyone's postings here, so I've no idea how well the Brighton / FLM / Connemara et al training has gone. Hopefully I can catch up with some of that over the coming days. Sadly however, it looks to be another couple of weeks at least before the chaos settles and I can get back into some sort of routine myself.

Anyway, I must get back to doing some (paid) work, time from which I have had to crib to write this much.

Adieu, fellow run-lovers. Smile
Run. Just run.
22-03-2010, 09:53 AM,
RE: Missing March ... and, er ... February.
Good to hear from you MLCM, even if your running progress has been... sub-optimal. Great news though that you are keen to get back out there. I hope you can get back to a relatively more sensible pace of life soon, and pick up where you left off a couple of months ago.

BTW, you haven't missed much on the training front over here... Blush
22-03-2010, 10:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 22-03-2010, 10:40 AM by Sweder.)
You keep your running shoes under the bed? I'd never get away with that, though I like the idea that you can slide out of your pit directly into your runners Big Grin

Good to hear from you. Sorry life has decided to give you a kicking, but as Dan says you've not missed much here apart from the return of SP to the running fold, Dan's inexorable march to costumed greatness and a sorry catalogue of injuries.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

22-03-2010, 09:22 PM,
Glad you've not lost your mojo MLC, I did begin to wonder.

Heart
23-03-2010, 12:59 PM,
So sorry to hear about your catalogue of woes MLCM, maybe a little running would introduce a little oasis of calm for you. Dust the underbed fluff off your trainers (well, they'd be fluffy by now if it was my house;-) and have a trot out in the sunshine. Great to have you back.
Phew this is hard work !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forward March Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 26 4,888 30-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Charliecat5
  March Too Much Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 32 12,820 04-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  Far From Flabby February Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 34 14,204 06-09-2016, 01:38 PM
  Long March Rocket Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 25 12,532 01-04-2016, 10:02 AM
  Maaaaarvellous March. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 19 10,076 01-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Last Post: marathondan
  Fearless February Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 5 2,688 13-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  Frog March Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 12 6,050 14-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  February 2012 - Base Camp Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 45 27,291 01-03-2012, 02:55 PM
  Mangling March or, Sleepless in Sydney. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 17 11,920 02-04-2011, 09:24 PM
  Fervent February Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 8 3,995 17-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Last Post: El Gordo