Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with TV
03-02-2007, 11:04 PM,
Problem with TV
Am very fed up. We bought a new TV this week but it's behaving very strangely.

Yesterday it said that England had beaten Australia at cricket. Today it reckoned that England won a Six Nations rugby match, but most absurd of all, when I flicked over in exasperation, someone was on there saying that QPR had won a football match.

Really p*ssed off. I rang the helpline number, but they said there was only one known fix -- to go out and drink loads of beer.

I'm skeptical, but will give anything a go.

:mad:
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
04-02-2007, 08:31 AM,
Problem with TV
Don't be too hasty taking that TV back, Andy.
The Kiwis are giving the Aussies a right old go this morning which could render our win redundant. If Super Johnny's 'try' was legit then I'm a Take That fan; the Sweaties were publicly mugged at Twickers, albeit a joy to behold. And Chelski won a game yesterday they could easily have lost at the death. If Spurs play up this afternoon the dark clouds over West London might just drift a little further apart.

And if none of that delivers a chilling dose of reality here's a photo to pour iced water on your nicely warmed cockles . . .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

04-02-2007, 11:23 AM,
Problem with TV
Eek
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
05-02-2007, 11:09 AM,
Problem with TV
I know the feeling. My TV is behaving like 2003. At least as far as the Hammers' football coverage is concerned.

I like this 'Life on Mars' programme, though. When I watched it last time, it was 1973 and I saw that West Ham had a promising new player called Brooking, I think.

He might do well. You never know.
05-02-2007, 11:59 AM,
Problem with TV
Nigel Wrote:I like this 'Life on Mars' programme, though.
Aye, and series two starts this week!
Have you seen the superb Trumpton style trailer yet?
Pure magic.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph