Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plodding on
31-01-2006, 11:01 AM,
plodding on
Still plodding along, running is going fine, it’s finding the time to fit it all in that’s difficult…10 miles last weekend, good steady pace, lovely bright weather the sort that makes you glad to be alive. This Saturday saw a step down week to only 7 miles, felt easy and very comfortable, did it in 1hour eight minutes which surprised me, felt quite slow. Must concentrate on the slow steady stuff, I am just so daunted by the marathon distance.

Me and Mr SW have entered the Liverpool half this year, Wilmslow was full, not too sad about that as it advertises itself as a “Race not a Run” and as we are only treating it as a training run for FLM you feel quite guilty keeping the Marshals hanging around for some 2 and a quarter hours, it definitely seems more suited to the fit young things of the Cheshire set, nice course though. Hoping that there will be a few more behind us at the end of the Liverpool. Have also entered the Great Manchester Run, don’t know why, maybe because I have entered them all so far!!! At least it will give me a reason to get out again after London.

Slight glitch Sunday night, was violently sick, unfortunately my metabolism is such that I can’t be just sick once, no, the old stomach is not happy until I have been turned completely inside out - felt very delicate yesterday, still feel bruised today, was hoping to flip the 6 miles scheduled tomorrow for this evenings 3, but might have to take a rain check on that one, no time to run at lunchtime this week – hhm.

Did a fartlek (still take adolescent glee from that delightful word) session on the treadmill last Wednesday, colleague at work who has lots of marathons under his belt recommended it as an occasional substitute for a longer scheduled run and as I didn’t have time for a 5 miles did 3, alternating 6miles an hour up to 8.5, didn’t go any faster as I felt I would hurtle off the back of the treadmill probably cannoning into the butch young men lifting weights behind me, tsk what a terrible plight!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plodding On stillwaddler 8 6,841 07-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Last Post: El Gordo