Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Medio Maratón El Pilar de la Horadada
05-05-2007, 08:23 PM,
I´m really glad that there are so many people interested in coming next year. I´ll have to get a bus to pick you up at the airport! Smile

I could try and get a better offer at the hotel for the whole group. Anyway, it was not expensive since it was 53 € a double room, which was only 50 € if you booked through the official travel agent´s but you had to give your credit card number or send a bank order.

I agree with you, Sweder, and the run from Baños de Sierra Alhamilla could be done offcial and invite other runners to take part as well. I´m sure that the local council would help us. Anyway, there are local elections on 27th May and I don´t know it the local goverment will be the same but if it changes, I hope it will be accepted by the new local council.

I think that we could write some suggestions to give to the organisers to improve the half marathon. For example, I think that they should pay attention to the real time factor so that when we go through the mat at the start line, it works so that we can know our real time when we finish. Another thing would be not to have your name and birthday in your race number just your number and code. It was something new this year that I didn´t like although I didn´t pay much attention later after having my race number on. I also think that one or two euros from the fee should go to a local charity. Any other suggetions? Apart from those about the race, you can say others related to your stay in Almería. Things that you´d like to do or not to do next year.

As Andy says another possiblity could be a first division football match since UD Almería will probably be in the first division, so you could watch them playin Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc. Let´s hope, Sweder, that Celta de Vigo remains in the first division. If the league had ended last week, they would have gone down to the second division.

Congratulations, Suzie, on your last half. I´m sure that with a little help from our freinds and with a little more effort from all of us, we all will manage to break the 2 hour barrier.

Greetings from Almería

Antonio

06-05-2007, 05:39 PM,
The hotel isn't expensive. In fact, one of the good things about the whole weekend is that it's good value -- travel, race entry, accommodation, sustenance (i.e. Guinness and wine).

I agree that the start line needs clarifying. Apart from that, I can't grumble too much about anything. In an ideal world there'd be a medal, but that would be really asking too much in a race that costs 6 euros, or whatever.

Ah yes, one thing that really could be improved is the baggage storage during the race. Sweder had a bit of trouble in that department, you'll recall.

I'll have a think about it.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
06-05-2007, 07:51 PM,
I agree with you, Andy. I think that the system to leave the baggage should be changed. We decided that the best way was just have a sticker with the race number in the bag given on Saturday and those people interested should just stick it to the bag with the things you want to leave at the baggage stand before the race.

A few weeks before the race I suggested the man in charge of the half to give a little trophy or medal, which can be kept at home. I even showed him some trophies I had been given in other races. However, he told me that they preferred more practical things such as a rucksack or a raincoat. I told him that those things are not so appreciated since they soon get broken or are not used while the trophy remains and can be seen at home and reminds you of that race. I even suggested a trophy with a figure of the Mediterranean stadium, Alcazaba or Indalo.

Thanks for your suggestions, Andy. I´ll write all the ideas down to give to the organisers and I´ll ask if they already know the date for 2008.

I´d also suggest to send a letter or an e-mail with information on the half marathon to participants from the previous years to invite them to take part at the race such as the Reading half, Granada half, Benidorm half send me every year.

Regards

Antonio

16-05-2007, 07:40 AM,
Antonio!

Please, take a quick look at the forum: Main - Playground -Spanish joke.

SP has made a perfect translation of a very difficult textEek ! (I am more than impressed)
Did he ask you for help?
How does he know?
Have I missed something important about SP’s qualifications in our mother tongue?

Please, tell me something, because I cannot sleep…Wink
Ana Smile
16-05-2007, 08:05 AM,
Ana Wrote:Antonio!

Please, take a quick look at the forum: Main - Playground -Spanish joke.

SP has made a perfect translation of a very difficult textEek ! (I am more than impressed)
Did he ask you for help?
How does he know?
Have I missed something important about SP’s qualifications in our mother tongue?

Please, tell me something, because I cannot sleep…Wink

Ana, I think you'll find that story originated quite some years ago in the USA - in English. Rolleyes
Run. Just run.
16-05-2007, 04:59 PM,
Mid Life Crisis Man Wrote:Ana, I think you'll find that story originated quite some years ago in the USA - in English. Rolleyes

:mad:

SPPPPPPPPPPPP! I am really angry

Thanks MLCM, you are really kind,

Antonio, Andy, as moderator-friends Wink would you been so kind of removing these last posts? Big Grin (please, please, please)
Ana Smile
16-05-2007, 06:06 PM,
[SIZE="4"]Too late, too late!*[/SIZE]
It is true that the story originated in English . . . however SP has translated your version of events, Ana. I believe he used Babel Fish (or something similar) as the grammar in the translation is a little 'mechanical'.

* [SIZE="1"]Great Motorhead song, that Big Grin [/SIZE]

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

21-05-2007, 06:30 AM,
Congratulations to the boys from Almería for achieving promotion to the "primera" ....a pity it was against Ponferradina Sad

Celta Vigo look like they'll be swapping places with you for next season!
21-05-2007, 02:39 PM,
Muchas gracias, BB. It´s a pity that it had to be against Ponferradina. I wish your local team could remain in second division A next year. They really deserve it. Last Saturday, Almería was a great party. The Rambla was full of Almería suppoerters in red and white celebrating the promotion.

Saludos desde Almería

21-05-2007, 04:29 PM,
Ana Wrote::mad:
Antonio, Andy, as moderator-friends Wink would you been so kind of removing these last posts? Big Grin (please, please, please)

I don't think you've said anything naughty enough to delete a post, though I suspect it may just be a matter of time.... Eek
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
21-05-2007, 04:41 PM,
Ok, I see that word "total ridiculous" has no meaning for you, ok, ok, it was my own fault Big Grin
Ana Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XXII Medio maratón de Almería Antonio247 5 1,281 11-02-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Antonio247
  XXI Medio maratón ciudad de Almería 4th February 2018 Antonio247 2 959 13-03-2018, 09:48 PM
  XX Medio maratón de Almería 5th February 2017 Antonio247 5 2,481 23-02-2017, 09:15 PM
  XIX Medio maratón de Almería Antonio247 21 10,561 28-03-2016, 11:22 AM
Last Post: El Gordo
  XVI Medio maratón de Almería 27th January 2013 Antonio247 6 5,244 18-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  XIV Medio maratón de Almería and other races Antonio247 15 12,631 01-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  XIII Medio maratón de Almería 31st January 2010 Antonio247 13 11,230 02-04-2010, 09:43 PM
  Medio maraton 2010 El Gordo 2 3,887 22-09-2009, 01:34 PM
  XIX Medio maratón de Málaga 29th March 2009 Antonio247 8 8,195 06-04-2009, 07:37 PM
  XI Medio maratón de Almería Antonio247 8 6,609 24-04-2008, 08:49 PM