Running vests?
19-12-2008, 09:25 AM,
Running vests?
Sweds, Surely you can remove those ridiculous sun glasses - you must be 'un-wasted' by now?? :RFLMAO:

One vest would be great!!Smile

LR
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
19-12-2008, 10:55 AM,
Running vests?
(sigh) . . . if you insist.
Don't say I didn't warn ya . . .

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

13-02-2009, 09:20 PM,
Running vests?
All the Almerians received running vests (or shirts). I didn't take any money from you then as I wanted to get Almeria and my subsequent trip to Brazil out the way. Now I'm back and I'm trying (badly) to get my act together.

The idea was to post some kind of on-line form with a PayPal option. Obviously recent events have meant that isn't going to happen, so I'm going to do this the easiest way I know - by snail mail (or if you want to be whizzy, bank transfer).

The vests and shirts come in at an even 20 quid each.
Those of you that I see at Hove Park or on the Sunday run can pay me directly. Everyone else, please send me a PM here or if you have it to my e-mail address with a confirmation of what you ordered. I'll mail you the shirt (if you weren't in Almeria) and reply with my address and how to pay. Jeremy I'm dropping your shirt in next time I'm in London (I'll let Steve know when that is). SP we'll see one another next week (sorry liver).

If you're in any doubt as to what's going on, send me a PM or e-mail!
If I'm posting I'll let you know the p&p amount on top of your order when I send my reply.

Confused? I am . . . but don't worry, we'll get it sorted in the end!

As for the design, I think they were pretty striking. There are some changes to be made for the next batch but more on that later.

15-02-2009, 01:35 PM,
Running vests?
I heard on the run today (via Simon, but not from anyone directly) that two people who washed their vests post-Almeria have experienced 'mottling' effects. I have to say I washed mine when I got back without mishap. Clearly if there is a fault with the garment I will return it to the supplier and seek a replacement.

Before you all hurl your smelly clobber in my direction I should of course draw your attention to the washing instructions. '40 degrees maximum, short spin, do not wring, wash as synthetics.'

Next week: how to shift those stubborn, embarassing stains.

15-02-2009, 04:31 PM,
Running vests?
Hi Sweds

I did mention to Hooysboy last week at the cafe that my vest had white bobble marks on it. I washed it at 40 deg. I first noticed the marks when I hung the washed vest on the drying rack. Haven't worn vest since Almeria.

The vest is fine at the top. The marks are only on the bottom 1/3 and I believe that they have been caused by my bottle belt, which I wore in the race.

I'll bring the vest along next week to BHTT and show you. See what you think??

JulieSmile
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
16-02-2009, 09:31 PM,
Running vests?
I spilt mayo down mine (or at least I think it's mayo). So I'll bring it along next week Sweder for you to wash for me if you don't mind. Rolleyes
12-03-2009, 08:54 AM,
Running vests?
Hola! I'm just now mailing out those vests that I have a) orders for and b) addresses for. Apologies to SW and EG who've had to wait over a month for me to get to the PO :o

Orders held for Jo, Nick & Suzie.

I have the following available for general purchase.
Send me a private message (PM) with your order and mailing address.
I'll send you details for bank transfer or mailing address for a cheque - please state your preference.

What's available?

Mens T-shirts: 2 x large 1 x XL (this is a tent) 1 x small
Mens Vests: 5 x large
Ladies T-shirts: 3 x medium
Ladies vests: 4 x large

12-03-2009, 09:24 AM,
Running vests?
Thanks Sweder -- I should have talked to you about this. I'll mail you off list.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
13-03-2009, 03:19 PM,
Running vests?
Shirt recipients wishing to pay via PayPal will be pleased to learn this is now possible. PP account is sweder@msn.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 hour radio celebration of marathon running today El Gordo 9 22,759 18-11-2017, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
Thumbs Up Running and the mind Seanmacrook 3 3,801 04-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Seanmacrook
  Running documentary (young fit and dying) Seanmacrook 5 6,695 07-05-2014, 08:29 AM
  Running Shoes in the Washing Machine Seafront Plodder 15 9,868 13-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Last Post: marathondan
  Scott Jurek follows the Running Commentary Way marathondan 6 14,511 14-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Last Post: El Gordo
  Pythonesque running. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 3 11,578 27-10-2011, 09:35 PM
  Sad story about fell running old-timer El Gordo 1 9,686 09-10-2011, 07:57 PM
  Magnificent article on barefoot running. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 7 13,749 07-10-2011, 09:43 AM
  Help ! Running clubs in the Vera, Huercal, Garrucha Mojacar area PhilD 1 13,299 28-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Antonio247
  On the dangers of running The Beast of Bevendean 2 12,321 25-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Sweder