Running vests?
11-01-2008, 12:41 PM,
Running vests?
Any news on the Running Commentary vest/tee shirt front?? It might be just what I need to inspire me to get out there and do a bit.

(Have just entered a 10k for March and have a half marathon lined up a couple of weeks later, but have failed to register for the Great Manchester 10K as the site is falling over.)

If I could only free up my sinuses, it's no fun running when every time your foot hits the ground it hurts your face :-(
11-01-2008, 01:38 PM,
Running vests?
Just a thought Sweder, but I reckon Big Malc could get this done quite cheaply. Could be worth an ask.
11-01-2008, 02:48 PM,
Running vests?
One of many good intentions I had lined up for January rapidly drowning in a sea of work Sad We use an embroidery service in town - I had intended to speak to them about costs. But Malc is a very good call.

We need a design - I had originally thought of the foot, purple on a black vest/ shirt (front only or front and back - maybe small on the front (left breast) large on the back with the www address along the bottom. Any thoughts on this are truly welcome.

Meanwhile I'll get cracking on some costs.
Vests ought to be pukka wicking jobs - what about T's? Are we thinking regular or technical shirts?

Come on folks, SW has a point - we've dragged our bottoms long enough on this one Big Grin
I'm going to try to get something sorted before Almería Eek Eek Eek

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

11-01-2008, 03:22 PM,
Running vests?
OOOh, Black and Purple would be lovely (go with my bruises ;-) )and the design sounds just right. Technical tees for preference, but I'll go with the flow
11-01-2008, 10:19 PM,
Running vests?
Where would we be without the enthusiastic beaming of the great Swede? Eek

As you'll probably have realised by now, I'm traversing some kind of midlife/RC 'crisis' that is leading me from all of this. Except it doesn't really feel like a crisis at all.

Almeria, as always, will be a great opportunity to talk through some of these things - over a nice cup of tea perhaps. I hope that all interested parties who can get to Almeria, will do so. I have a feeling that this year will be a good one. Wink

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
13-01-2008, 04:37 PM,
Running vests?
I think vests or T's are a great idea. Even though I won't be able to make it this year, I'm still interested in getting in on the deal. I like the purple foot on black but would go along with whatever.

Suzie
16-01-2008, 05:16 PM,
Running vests?
Looks like I won't be able to get anything together pre-Almería - events, dear boy, events . . . still, I'm not giving up the ghost and will get some prototypes knocked out for review ASAP.

16-01-2008, 09:51 PM,
Running vests?
Sweder Wrote:Looks like I won't be able to get anything together pre-Almería - events, dear boy, events . . . still, I'm not giving up the ghost and will get some prototypes knocked out for review ASAP.

We forgive you, Sw, do not worry at all (but just remember to SP my *c*s*s c*y*n*s in number 6 Wink )
Ana Smile
06-05-2008, 11:49 AM,
Running vests?
Any chance we can pick this idea up and run with it again?

I'd quite like to run in club colours - an RC vest/singlet/T-shirt/whatever would be brilliant.
Run. Just run.
06-05-2008, 11:53 AM,
Running vests?
:o Ah, yes, I seem to recall someone boldly stating they were getting onto this before Almeria this year. Ahem. Perhaps they were waiting for the fabled Almeria Video to make an appearance . . .

. . . I'll get back onto that.
Last time I asked people seemed generally in favour of black vests with the purple foot logo. Happy to re-open the debate but perhaps I should just get one made up and snap some photos. Hopefully SP will be available to model for us.

ps: I really liked the old tagline Talk To The Foot.
Something like

'www.runningcommentary.net:
Talk To The Foot'

on the back under a large purple foot.

06-05-2008, 12:10 PM,
Running vests?
That raises another issue for EG; any chance of a revised logo to reflect our new cyberhome? Or perhaps a logo sans URL? Cheers.

06-05-2008, 03:40 PM,
Running vests?
Do we have a new cyberhome...? Eek

Ah, sorry, just realised what you mean. Well spotted. Yes, I'll get that sorted. (Actually I thought I'd done that years ago. Perhaps I didn't. Or perhaps I uploaded the wrong graphic when I upgraded the forum.)

Re teeshirts etc, yes I'm all for it. Don't blame yourself Sweder, I remember an earlier conversation -- on the flight home from Almeria about 3 years ago, when I think I volunteered to do something similar.

I like the idea of a technical tee-shirt/vest. Not sure that black is a good colour for running, as mentioned in Sweder's recent entry, though I agree it could look good. Perhaps a black vest for racing and for normal use... hmm, I suppose blue and white hoops would be a no-no? Wink

Might work out a bit pricey for a smallish production run, but worth getting some quotes.
El Gordo

06-05-2008, 04:43 PM,
Running vests?
I'm definitely in for either a t-shirt or vest - preferably both! I do like the black colour with the purple foot; but I'll leave all that to better designers than myself.

Suzie
08-05-2008, 02:54 PM,
Running vests?
White vest with black or deep purple foot for races? Maybe black tee with purple foot for training? I'll sit on the fence and go with the flow :-)
Phew this is hard work !
08-05-2008, 08:33 PM,
Running vests?
Put me down for a vest. Light coloured though.

Rog managed a deal via RonHill for his HH vests. Just a suggestion.
Moyleman
08-05-2008, 08:38 PM,
Running vests?
Agree on the light colour. Hot climates and black don't work that well! Purple foot logo on white, perhaps with a purple hoop? Something like that would be good. Smile
Run. Just run.
08-05-2008, 08:41 PM,
Running vests?
I've talked to a couple of suppliers this week. No probs on gettin the vests, just need a new logo (with the new URL or without a URL). As for colour, black was popular vote last time round but I can get purple with a black foot as an inverted option or indeed white with a purple foot.

Soon as I have a logo I'll knock up a couple of visuals and post 'em on here for comment.

08-05-2008, 09:05 PM,
Running vests?
Sweder, I'll mail you off list to compare notes.
El Gordo

19-11-2008, 06:27 AM,
Running vests?
Sweder Wrote:I've talked to a couple of suppliers this week. No probs on gettin the vests, just need a new logo (with the new URL or without a URL). As for colour, black was popular vote last time round but I can get purple with a black foot as an inverted option or indeed white with a purple foot.

Soon as I have a logo I'll knock up a couple of visuals and post 'em on here for comment.

Have I missed something?
Run. Just run.
19-11-2008, 08:52 AM,
Running vests?
Mid Life Crisis Man Wrote:Have I missed something?

These things take time.

Funnily enough, just this morning, some exciting news has been received on this very subject.

More very soon.

Probably.
El Gordo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 hour radio celebration of marathon running today El Gordo 9 22,757 18-11-2017, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
Thumbs Up Running and the mind Seanmacrook 3 3,800 04-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Seanmacrook
  Running documentary (young fit and dying) Seanmacrook 5 6,695 07-05-2014, 08:29 AM
  Running Shoes in the Washing Machine Seafront Plodder 15 9,867 13-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Last Post: marathondan
  Scott Jurek follows the Running Commentary Way marathondan 6 14,510 14-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Last Post: El Gordo
  Pythonesque running. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 3 11,578 27-10-2011, 09:35 PM
  Sad story about fell running old-timer El Gordo 1 9,686 09-10-2011, 07:57 PM
  Magnificent article on barefoot running. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 7 13,749 07-10-2011, 09:43 AM
  Help ! Running clubs in the Vera, Huercal, Garrucha Mojacar area PhilD 1 13,299 28-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Antonio247
  On the dangers of running The Beast of Bevendean 2 12,321 25-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Sweder