Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April May Yet test me...
31-03-2019, 10:55 AM,
April May Yet test me...
Excuse the silence ... I'm battling plantar fasciitis again... Mrs MLCMM seriously suggested buying me a walking stick yesterday, just to enable me to get out of bed and get moving in the mornings.

Needless to say, it's not a cheerful mood I'm in.

Serious stretching routines are being implemented in order to avoid surgery. I shall report back when the news is better.
Run. Just run.
01-04-2019, 10:10 AM,
RE: April May Yet test me...
Hey that's bad luck MLCM and yes I'd been missing your random musings. Sounds like a nasty and complicated place for an op ... keep up with the stretching rotines and some brisk walking if you can!
01-04-2019, 10:20 AM,
(31-03-2019, 10:55 AM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote: Serious stretching routines are being implemented in order to avoid surgery. I shall report back when the news is better.

Serious question - if surgery could fix this is it worth considering?
01-04-2019, 11:06 AM,
(01-04-2019, 10:20 AM)Seafront Plodder Wrote:
(31-03-2019, 10:55 AM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote: Serious stretching routines are being implemented in order to avoid surgery. I shall report back when the news is better.

Serious question - if surgery could fix this is it worth considering?

Yes, but I haven't quite 'run' out of other options yet...

Smile
Run. Just run.
01-04-2019, 08:17 PM,
Hope it is just a prank on April Fools' Day and you're training again so that we can do Almería half marathon together under two hours or The Moyleman's first or second leg under two hours twenty minutes, MLCMM.

Best of luck!

Saludos desde Almería.

02-04-2019, 06:44 AM,
(01-04-2019, 08:17 PM)Antonio247 Wrote: Hope it is just a prank on April Fools' Day and you're training again so that we can do Almería half marathon together under two hours or The Moyleman's first or second leg under two hours twenty minutes, MLCMM.

Best of luck!

Saludos desde Almería.

Thanks, Antonio, but sadly, no it isn't an April Fool's joke. What will be, will be. I'll be sure to keep you informed. I'm not defeated yet!
Run. Just run.
02-04-2019, 08:09 AM,
I'm so sorry about your serious injury, MLCMM. I thought you were getting it over. Hope you get better and can go on training. You may go swimming or cycling until your plantar fascitis is better.

All the best!

Saludos desde Almería.

03-04-2019, 06:41 PM,
Very sorry to hear you are struck down. How bloody awful. Hope that you find something that helps get this sorted, however long that takes
16-04-2019, 07:23 AM,
Thank you, gentlemen, and I'll have more news on the injury front soon.

First, it would be remiss not to mark the tenth year of the passing of our RC friend Chris Moyle. I'll leave it to others who knew him much better than I to say some appropriate words, but I do just want to acknowledge the hard work of everyone in RC and beyond who have turned his tragic passing into that wonderful commemorative event, the now annual Moyleman marathon. Such a fitting tribute, and so encouraging to so many in such a great many ways.

Here's cheers to Chris and may the Moyleman live on forever more.
Run. Just run.
16-04-2019, 06:21 PM,
Hope you have better news on your injury, MLCMM.

Time goes by so quickly. I first met Chris at the Brighton 10 K post race meal in an Italian restaurant at the sea promenade in Brighton in November 2007. Then, he came with his girlfriend Tina and other friends to Almería half marathon next year. Unfortunately, I couldn't see him again. He was very friendly and ran quite fast. I've missed him all these years. Afer his death, I met his lovely sister, Cam, who has come to Almería half nearly every year. I'm very glad that his friends managed to organise an off-road race in his memory in the lovely South Downs where he loved training so much, the wonderful Moyleman. I'm very proud of having taken part in it for two consecutive years.

Cheers to Chris and the Moyleman.

Saludos desde Almería.

06-05-2019, 06:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-05-2019, 06:31 AM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
Quick summary, as I'm well aware I keep not posting.

Plantar fasciosis - it started June last year.

I got better.

I started running again, and it was going really quite well.

Then I did something that in hindsight was a little stupid and plantar fasciosis returned in my other foot. It hurt like heck.

Recovery is slow, but I'm getting there. Meantime I've gained 5kgs and my blood sugar levels are elevated. My doctor is "not concerned" but says "we should think about our levels of exercise and improve our diet a bit". And another reminder that I'm "of a certain age now".

Apart from robbing me of the ability to run, PF also seems to have killed my ability to write proper.

Sigh.
Run. Just run.
07-05-2019, 05:45 AM,
Hope you can run again soon. Meanwhile, you could go swimming or cycling. Besides, reducing carbohydrates and not eating solid food for twelve or more hours a day (intermitent fasting) will help you lose some weight. Hope you get well soon, MLCMM.

07-05-2019, 03:32 PM,
Sole destroying.

Hang in there. Perhaps PF is the universe's way of telling you to find a backup sport that you enjoy?

07-06-2019, 03:46 AM,
Sorry to hear about your injury MLCMM; that’s a tough one. I too, like Marathondan, wonder if it’s the universe telling you to slow down a bit and maybe look at other things to do. It’s hard to accept when you’re a runner...but maybe a bit of time off will be just what you need. The bit about ‘being of an age’ doesn’t hold water with me. You might have to slow it down, but once you’re healthy, there’s no reason you can’t keep running. I run with a group of ladies of all ages. The oldest is 76 and ran a marathon last year! And she plays baseball with me as well! We just need to take care of our bodies a little better. Hope you get back out there soon. Meanwhile, enjoy! (And you can keep writing)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  April Fuels Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 24 4,765 30-04-2018, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  April May be alright. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 21 4,974 02-05-2017, 09:14 AM
  April Powers Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 24 10,836 30-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Charliecat5
  April showers. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 17 6,675 14-05-2015, 06:05 PM
  April Fuel 2014 Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 32 15,960 29-04-2014, 10:14 AM
  Orange Silver April Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 40 26,950 03-05-2013, 05:30 AM
Last Post: El Gordo
  Stable April Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 26 10,919 01-05-2012, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Sweder
  April Cools Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 33 21,872 05-05-2011, 12:05 AM
  Au revoir, April. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 4 2,642 01-05-2010, 10:49 AM
  April Bloody April, Nothing Rhymes With April. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 31 18,570 01-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Last Post: stillwaddler