Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May we run well this month
25-05-2016, 04:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 25-05-2016, 04:34 PM by Charliecat5.)
RE: May we run well this month
Sometimes, it is just meant to be.

This Tuesday night’s run with the herd was great.  I had spent the day looking forward to it and had even remembered to grab a couple of peanut butter sandwiches a couple of hours before the run was due to start.  So at 18:50 I jumped into the car (with the Boy – who I was dropping off for a squash lesson on the way) and headed down to the leisure centre.

There was a reasonable crowd hanging around waiting to go… looking at them I realised that most were the crazies.  I stood and watched the slower group set off, wistfully wondering whether I should have joined them, but having decided resolutely that I was with the crazies tonight I stood my ground. 

Our leader called time and we were off.  Down towards the river and then south to Rodmell.  It was quite a pace, the first mile in seven and half minutes; the second in eight.  I had drifted towards the back of the pack, but certainly not last.  After about three miles or so, we left the river behind and turned west for Rodmell village – here we met up with the slower group before following a whole series of new footpaths for me, back across the fields to Lewes.  

There was quite a biting cold wind blowing, but the sun kept his hat on all the way around and it was a beautiful evening running through crops of wheat, maize and peas - all full of the hope of great things to come.

Back at the Leisure Centre, seven and half miles later, I reflected for a while on the progress being made.  There is no way six months ago I could have run that distance at that speed.  My average pace now has an eight at the beginning rather than a nine.  And although I struggled to keep up on the last couple of miles, I wasn’t last and I wasn’t completely dead on my feet either.

The run did play havoc with my left foot though.  Starting out with a shin Splint (a carryover from Monday night’s speedy descent from Caburn) this then morphed into foot cramp, before turning into a blister.  I think it is time to hang-up these particular running shoes and accept that having served me well, their work is done.
There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
May we run well this month - by Charliecat5 - 02-05-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: May we run well this month - by Charliecat5 - 13-05-2016, 07:49 AM
RE: May we run well this month - by Bierzo Baggie - 13-05-2016, 10:05 PM
RE: May we run well this month - by Charliecat5 - 15-05-2016, 04:15 PM
RE: May we run well this month - by Charliecat5 - 24-05-2016, 07:19 AM
RE: May we run well this month - by Charliecat5 - 24-05-2016, 02:16 PM
RE: May we run well this month - by marathondan - 25-05-2016, 01:26 PM
RE: May we run well this month - by Charliecat5 - 25-05-2016, 04:34 PM
RE: May we run well this month - by Charliecat5 - 29-05-2016, 11:27 AM

Possibly Related Threads…