Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June - so nearly a novel by Frank Herbert.
05-06-2013, 05:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013, 05:16 PM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
June - so nearly a novel by Frank Herbert.
Hello.

Heck, it's already a week into June and I've no further run to report. In terms of excuses, it's the usual suspects I'm afraid: insomnia (pretty bad this time), too much stressful paid employment, plus a lack of short-term running goals.

Never mind. It's winter down here so a bit of lay off is called for anyhow. Or so I like to think.

I do have a track du jour however. This one has been calling to me to get back into the running shorts - I don't think I've ever actually run to this track, and it's a shame because it's made for cranking out some PB pace and shedding some sweat. It's the hit single off Nightwish's last huge album (well, in Finland, anyway). Give it a whirl; I'm going to. Very soon, once I finish this gaggle of night shifts. Sigh. A great video, too.

Run. Just run.
05-06-2013, 10:19 PM,
RE: June - so nearly a novel by Frank Herbert.
Thanks for sharing that, MLCMM - I had a quick listen on Amazon, it's one crazy album. Like Metallica entered the Eurovision song contest with a female vocalist and a full orchestra as backing.
11-06-2013, 01:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 01:07 AM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
(05-06-2013, 10:19 PM)marathondan Wrote: Thanks for sharing that, MLCMM - I had a quick listen on Amazon, it's one crazy album. Like Metallica entered the Eurovision song contest with a female vocalist and a full orchestra as backing.

Yup, that's it alright - think of a transexual Metallica with the LPO at Eurovision and you've nailed it! And today I proved to myself that it is a great running song, and it's going straight into my playlist of PB tracks.

My run today was a short one just to ensure I still remembered how to actually do it. I've lost track of the passage of time in recent days and weeks and was genuinely shocked when afterwards I pasted my time into ye ole spreadsheet and discovered it had been a whole two weeks since my last run! I tell you life is just crazy at the moment. Huh

Anyway, today's track du jour is another from Nightwish's Imaginearum album. If Storytime was an example of symphonic metal, then this track is definitely in the celtic metal genre (despite Nightwish being Finnish) thanks mainly to the presence of the prodigious Troy Donockley (Iona, Roy Harper et al) on uillean pipes... anyway, another great track to get running to...

(I also recommend Last Ride of the Day as an excellent plodfest song... but that's enough metal for the time being.)

5km 33m
YTD 661.3km
Run. Just run.
11-06-2013, 06:16 AM,
I'll give these boys a go soon, thanks for the intro. Good to see you back in the saddle.
G-man was right. Despite our worst fears, our residual fitness floats to the surface eventually. I got stronger as Sunday went on, and whilst tired by the finish I was a little wired, too.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Claire de June Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 5 1,079 21-06-2018, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  High June Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 22 5,368 25-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Last Post: marathondan
  Once in a blue June. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 8 2,881 22-06-2016, 03:39 PM
  June June, There's That Bloody Spoon Again. Or Not. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 24 10,108 23-06-2015, 10:48 AM
  June in tune ... soon Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 6 2,642 29-06-2014, 07:32 AM
  Fly Me To The June Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 2 1,736 13-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sweder
  June June there is no spoon. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 27 14,875 26-06-2011, 07:22 PM
  June June Way Too Soon Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 19 7,731 26-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Last Post: El Gordo