Yes yes yes....
01-05-2004, 07:17 PM,
Yes yes yes....
Ok then. Congratulations to QPR. Let's hope my lot join you via the play-offs. Smile
02-05-2004, 04:26 PM,
Yes yes yes....
They'e got promotion then? Let's see if Palace can avoid them next season by winning the playoffs.
02-05-2004, 09:08 PM,
Yes yes yes....
NO!

No, they haven't f***ing well got f***ing promotion.

They had to win yesterday (which they did), and Bristol City had to NOT win today.

Bristol City won today. They are one point behind with 1 game left to play for everyone.

So, if QPR win at Sheffield Wednesday next Saturday, QPR are up.

If QPR draw or lose and BC draw or lose, QPR are still up.

If QPR draw or lose and BC win, QPR go into the play-offs and BC go up.

Is anyone apart from me interested in this....? Smile Smile
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
03-05-2004, 08:52 AM,
Yes yes yes....
ooooh touchy. Big Grin
04-05-2004, 08:21 AM,
Yes yes yes....
West Ham are in the Division One play-offs, provided they don't lose 4-0 (or more) in their last game against Wigan.

Then they'll probably play Wigan (again !) or Riazor Blue's team Crystal Palace in the Play-Offs.

I'm feeling pretty edgy myself. And I didn't even have a 20 miler to do this weekend. How'd it go, Andy ?
04-05-2004, 11:46 AM,
Yes yes yes....
Not well, Nigel, but thanks for asking.

I'll have to write something about it later, but at the moment I'm afraid Copenhagen may well not happen. Well, we're still definitely going but the maybe not to participate.

Am still ruminating....

Good luck to West Ham, but spare a thought for... Hereford United. I work with a die-hard Hereford fan whose spent the season watching his team battle with Chester for the one automatic Conference promotion place. In the end, they finished 1 point behind, and 17 points ahead of the 3rd team. So they entered the playoffs, but on the back of 11 straight wins, managed only two draws against Aldershot. The second leg was yesterday, and they went out on penalties. It's within the rules, but terribly hard on them. Their fantastic season was all for nothing. It included some pretty amazing results like Dagenham 0 Hereford 9. Yup, a 9-0 away win.

Andy
El Gordo

05-05-2004, 05:40 PM,
Yes yes yes....
.... as I remember singing as my team came out on the pitch at Elland Road. Still at least I'll be able to see a few more away matches next season without having to travel too far fom Yate (nr Bristol).

I hope all you promotion seekers get what you want. Good luck for the end of the season!

PS: I've just discovered that we've ditched the classy Nike brand for the downmarket/esoteric Diadora brand as kit sponsor next year. (What next?)
05-05-2004, 06:35 PM,
Yes yes yes....
Hi there Pete - I've been meaning to drop you a line to commiserate. Hope the other stuff is going well. I've still got the Yate race pencilled in. Will mail you off-forum.

Cheers

Andy
El Gordo

05-05-2004, 07:54 PM,
Yes yes yes....
Griff... Either Nigel or I will be disappointed come Spring bank holiday (let's hope it's Nigel and not both of us).

I nearly moved to Yate about 10 years ago, the company I worked for wanted to build a site in what was a coca-cola distribution depot there. Never happened as they couldn't get it past Bristol's city planners.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for QPR on Sunday, along with our boys.

An anecdote from Copenhagen... I was there in 1989 for a week and Victor Borge (remember him?) was doing a live show in the Tivoli Gardens. As I liked his style of humour I bought a ticket, cost me about 14 pounds. Of course I had forgotten that Victor Borge was Danish and he only spoke about 4 words of English all night. Still, visually it was fine, and he was a good pianist.