Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome back
30-07-2004, 10:10 PM,
Welcome back
Great to see you back on the forum, Antonio. I've been eating fruit all week, and telling people who remark on it that "I'm on the Antonio diet".

It would be interesting to have an update on what you're doing running-wise at the moment, and what your plans are.

Cheers

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
31-07-2004, 06:47 AM,
Welcome back
Andy, if it's the Antonio diet, you should eat the odd cake aswell !!
01-08-2004, 07:58 AM,
Welcome back
Thank you, Andy. I´m glad you enjouyed your trip in Cuba and you´re training again in your new area. Good luck in the half marathon on 15th August.

I´m also happy you are eating more vegetables and fruit. I really love fruit. In winter, my favourite fruits are mandarins and oranges while in summer I prefer peaches and melon. Here in Spain there´s a public campaign to eat at least five pieces of fruit and vegetables every day. By the way, I learnt a few weeks ago a Spanish proverb related to fruit which says: "La fruta es oro por la mañana, plata por la tarde y plomo por la noche" which could be translated as: " Fruit is gold in the morning, silver in the afternoon and lead in the evening". I like starting the day with one or two pieces of fruit. I read in "Fit for LIfe" that it´s important to eat fruit before the meals instead of after them to digest them well. It´s a pity that apart from being a frugivore, I´m also a cake-chocolate addict as Brian says. So, Andy, don´t follow this side of mine, if you want to go on losing weight. Actually, I´ve restricted my cake intake to avoid gaining weight again.

Now, I´m not training much, just one or two days a week only forty or fifty minutes slowly. I usually go early in the morning or late in the afternoon because it is hot around here. I also do some rides on bicycle and swim a little at sea. I´ve tried something worderful, which is going for a run and when I finish going for a swim in the sea. It´s really relaxing.

My plans for the future are taking part in two 10 km races in Carboneras and Mojácar in the province of Almería in August. If I feel well, I´d like to take part in a mountain race in September in the province of Granada, which is going up the highest mountain in the Spanish mainland, Mulhacén, 3400 m high and running down to Trevélez where the race starts at around 2000 metre altitude. It is 23 kms long in all. Besides, I´d like to take part in one or two half marathons in autumn and if I feel strong enough, I´d take part at Benidorm marathon in November. Then, I´d go on with half marathons to end doing London marathon on 17th April or Madrid marathon on 24th April. I´d rather do London this year, so I can meet many of you. Besides, it is flatter and not so hot although it can be very rainy like last year.

Well, good luck with your running training and next challenges, Andy and everybody.

Antonio