test
12-09-2004, 10:42 PM,
test
Yet again, I find myself with a notebook full of, well, notes from last week's Irish trip, that I've not written up.

Had a busy weekend with too much beer and football to struggle with. Got in the way of writing a log.

Have a good week, all. I need to get running again.

I was going to post a couple of pics here, then it occurred to me that I don't know how to attach an image. How embarrassing.

No doubt someone will tell me.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
13-09-2004, 06:53 AM,
test
I was wondering how to attach pics as well, but didn't like to appear stupid and ask! Thanks Andy, maybe someone will tell us now.
13-09-2004, 08:31 AM,
test
Errr, at the bottom of the page when typing a post is a doodah called, Attach file

Click on "Browse" and you can locate wherever in your hard drive the pic is stored.

If file is too big you have to resize it. Nigel kindly showed me how to do this, let me or he know if you need to know. (or Andy you could change the software settings to allow bigger files!)

HTH

Andy.
13-09-2004, 10:31 AM,
test
I tried attaching a file but the pic didn't appear on the preview. Also, I couldn't see how I could attach two pics.

I'll try it on a different thread.

Cheers

Andy
El Gordo

13-09-2004, 12:53 PM,
test
Bitmaps (bmp files) don't show up in the preview, Andy. Jpegs (jpg files) are the best for loading here - they are the smallest.

To do all your image resizing in order to fit the file size limit, download the latest copy of Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com) from the website. It's the best file viewing software around, and it's completely free for private and educational use. You can crop your pictures in Irfanview, too.

You can't attach two picture on the same post at the moment. The only way to do this presently is to dump the pictures into a powerpoint or word file, and then do a screen grab from there of both together, save the screen grab as a jpg file, and then post that. It's a bit of a faff, but you can annotate the pictures as much as you like that way, and stop them spilling out of the frames.

For doing screen grabs, I use PaintShop Pro 7.

I'd better sign off before I appear to be more up on this stuff than I really am. It's all trial and error stuff by a complete amateur, but then that fits with my running ethos, too.
13-09-2004, 12:59 PM,
test
I've been manipulating images for a long time, Nigel, with both Photoshop and PaintShop Pro (thanks to Griff for the update for the latter). I've never used Irfanview but I keep hearing recommendations for it, so thanks, I must give it a go.

The uncertainty is/was displaying them in messages here. I've tried attaching an image to a message and it doesn't appear. I may have to change a setting somewhere in my profile.

Will take a look later.

Cheers

Andy
El Gordo

13-09-2004, 11:09 PM,
test
I don't get any pictures showing up in preview ... jpeg, bmp or otherwise. You can always edit it afterwards if it doesn't work out.

Not that I've tried it, but I guess you could always dump a whole lot of photos onto a web site and simply add the link in your posting, yes?

A rainy day in Adelaide...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Run. Just run.
14-09-2004, 04:31 AM,
test
You can perform everything that Irfanview can including thumbnail browsing, batch rename, batch resize, batch rotate etc. There is also a scripting function so you can batch perform enhancement tasks.
14-09-2004, 08:23 AM,
test
I've managed to post those pics now, and appear in SP's training diary.

Here:

http://www.runningcommentary.co.uk/forum...2#post1762
El Gordo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  test 2 0 341 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: