Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taper on...
27-10-2004, 05:37 PM,
Taper on...
...and it's all downhill from here... Sad

I have just re-read Nigel's diary entry entitled 'T-I-R-E-D', and he's actually talking about me, I'm convinced of it.

Out for a 4-miler yesterday that didn't even touch the sides, a pleasure and a breeze. Then just that entry got me thinking how I'm actually coping.

Sure I feel tired, my wife has just come down with a cold, and I've been sneezing all afternoon Eek

Part of me wants a cold to get it over with by 7/11, yet the other part says I should avoid everyone at all costs!

The running I have left to do is not a worry, 8 miles this coming weekend? Pah! I spit on that distance now.

If indeed I last.

By the way folks, there's still chance to sponsor me online. I'm getting tantalisingly close to my target now (although I have to deduct gift-aid to be accurate), but all I need is one small shove...

Big Grin
28-10-2004, 09:08 AM,
Taper on...
OK, OK. Enough nagging already. Donation made. Come on people, SP has kept us entertained for months, let's show a bit of appreciation.

Have you been to New York before? One of the world's great cities. London, Calcutta, New York. My favourite cities so far.

Give 'em hell if they've re-elected that murderous dolt.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
28-10-2004, 10:26 AM,
Taper on...
It's worrying.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

28-10-2004, 04:13 PM,
Taper on...
Quote:Originally posted by andy
OK, OK. Enough nagging already. Donation made. Come on people, SP has kept us entertained for months, let's show a bit of appreciation.

Have you been to New York before? One of the world's great cities. London, Calcutta, New York. My favourite cities so far.

Give 'em hell if they've re-elected that murderous dolt.

Thanks To Nigel and Andy for the support, muchly appreciatedly!
29-10-2004, 01:15 PM,
Taper on...
With a precautionary ankle support on after I turned it playing tennis last night, and a sore throat.

Par for the course for tapering so I believe.....still a bit of a bugger though.

Still got enough time to recover though, and I still do intend to do my last 8 miler sometime over the coming weekend.
29-10-2004, 02:34 PM,
Taper on...
The excuses have started.....
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
29-10-2004, 06:11 PM,
Taper on...
Paula is still there for the taking.

It's just that I'm not as confident as I was. Big Grin

Conversation between me and Mrs SP the other day...

Me: hey guess what?

Mrs SP: The answer's no!

Me: No listen, Paula's running in New York!

Mrs: So?

Me: Well if you get to your spot at mile 17 early enough you'll see her!

Mrs: I'm not that interested. I'll be shopping until it's time to get there to watch you, I'm not interested in seeing Paula.

She hasn't quite got it has she? or maybe she has Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Terrific Time To Taper Seafront Plodder 12 4,776 23-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Riazor Blue