Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Note to Self:
30-10-2004, 08:09 PM,
Note to Self:
Don't go running after 5 hours sleep and the morning after a chicken vindaloo!

Today was the last run of any reasonable distance, 8 miles. The flippin' thing was harder than the 13 I did last week! Where's the logic in that?

I suppose I'm guilty (again) of not giving the distance any respect. I started at the bottom of a long shallow incline - and against the wind - to try and mirror the conditions of the opening couple of miles in New York when the start takes runners across the Verrazzano Bridge. Again forgetting everything learnt I blasted off way too fast and was struggling after just 3.5 miles.

Today was tough. Very tough. I did manage to pull through and finish the 8, but it wasn't smooth and effortless as perhaps I was expecting it to be.

Ho hum; not much that can be done about it now apart from bloat out on pasta. I'm actually starting to count down the hours until sometime next Sunday afternoon when I can down my first beer for a month. Eek

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

01-11-2004, 08:21 AM,
Note to Self:
What a great picture ! You're going to have a fantastic run. Just repeat after me:

'I'm going to have a fantastic run....
I'm going to have a fantastic run....
I'm going to have a fantastic run....

....and I'm earning 10 pounds every single minute of the way for Multiple Scerosis.'

There now, that made you fell better, didn't it ?
02-11-2004, 01:00 PM,
Note to Self:
You should have had a beef vindaloo Andy. Chicken robs you of potassium ... everyone knows that :p
Run. Just run.