Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And on....
03-11-2004, 08:33 PM,
And on....
An easy 4 miles yesterday was exactly that! I ended up doing 4.5 miles with an uphill 1/4 to finish, but all is well.

Last two miles tomorrow and that's it.

Niggling aches only I'm pleased to report, apart that is, from putting a drawing pin through my foot as I was up in the loft getting the cases down.

Four fellow RC'ers have now sponsored me, which is terrific, thanks to all.

However I do on Sunday the real winner will be the MS Society (check out my webpage for the total!), and I reckon that will be about £93 per mile. Smile
03-11-2004, 09:27 PM,
And on....
Good luck SP. We'll be watching out for you on Sunday.

Tip: don't let Paula out of your sight and you'll be fine.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
04-11-2004, 07:44 AM,
And on....
Yes, Good Luck, I'm sure it'll go really well. If not, keep thinking about the £93 for each mile and that'll help you through it! Look forward to hearing all about it when you've recovered.
04-11-2004, 09:23 AM,
And on....
When he's recovered? We can't wait that long.

Eek
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
06-11-2004, 03:23 AM,
And on....
Yes all the best Andy. You've been a legend with your training, so doubtless the race will go well.

And by the way, please give Aussie girl Benita Johnston a pat on the back as you run past. After winning the Great Northern this year she looks a real chance for the biggun. She should even give Paula a run for her money! Make sure you don't start too far back or you may not catch them til near the end Wink

Can't wait for your race report!
Run. Just run.
20-11-2004, 07:44 PM,
And on....
I somehow missed this post. I had a quick chat with Benita Johnston at the Expo where she was signing some autographs trying not to look too bored at having to satisfy some sponsor's quota. Top girl though!!

I asked her what she thought about Paula's late entry. A wry smile followed by a stock 'all-adds-to-the-competition' answer, but I could tell....Rolleyes

It was me she was really scared of....Rolleyes
20-11-2004, 11:06 PM,
And on....
Well you obviously rattled her - I see she didn't do too well Wink
Run. Just run.