Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hail SP
07-11-2004, 11:49 PM,
Hail SP
Looks like the congratulations start here. Just had a look at the NY website and it seems Andy got home in about 5 and a half hours. The results are a bit convoluted so I'll let him tell the story when he can.

But I'm sure everyone will join me in saying "Well Done Mate". The beer and the pizza starts here.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
08-11-2004, 04:18 PM,
Hail SP
Definitely well done Andy. Enjoy the beer and pizzas - you definitely deserve them!! Look forward to reading all about it soon.
10-11-2004, 09:25 AM,
Hail SP
about how it went when you get back and over the jetlag SP, is it too late to contribute? Watched it all on Sunday, but they didn't show too many shots of the pack. Big CONGRATULATIONS and hope you enjoy a little well earned rest.
Phew this is hard work !
11-11-2004, 06:16 PM,
Hail SP
It's loud, it's proud. It's in yer face and it was touching 70 degrees!

....and it was a killer! Don't ever let anyone convince you it's not hilly! Sad Anyone who saw the tv coverage will have seen the inclines on those bridges.

Yes a personal worst, but one helluva experience. More later....... eventually.
11-11-2004, 06:29 PM,
Hail SP
Congratulations, Andy. You did it. Hills are terrible. In Madrid I also had to suffer them, especially in the last kilometres and I had to walk and run a lot.

Enjoy a well-deserved rest and when you feel all right, start preparing Almería half marathon. I´ve started Hal Higdon intermediate half marathon schedule in order to try and do it under two hours. http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/index.htm

Regards

Antonio

11-11-2004, 06:38 PM,
Hail SP
You're right, Antonio. This is no time for sitting round doing nothing. Come on SP, get those trainers on, you've got 13 miles to run soon so get training.

NOW!
El Gordo

11-11-2004, 09:34 PM,
Hail SP
Jeepers, remind me never to hire you as a personal trainer, Andy L.

Congrats Andy B., that's another one under your belt AND a ton of money raised for MS. You're an inspiration ... make the most of the beer and pizza before the guilts get the better of you and Mr. L comes knocking on your door (metaphorically or otherwise).

Really looking forward to your race report!
Run. Just run.
11-11-2004, 10:10 PM,
Hail SP
!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

El Gordo

11-11-2004, 10:43 PM,
Hail SP
Great job, NYC Marathoner.... no wonder Paula needed to put on a sprint finish ! Many congratulations, SP.

And enjoy a good rest from Cardiac Hill for a week or two, whatever Andy says.
11-11-2004, 10:49 PM,
Hail SP
I won't tolerate this lackadaisical approach. I didn't get to where I am today by... erm, fair enough. Take an extra day off, SP.

But stop ganging up on me.
El Gordo

11-11-2004, 11:35 PM,
Hail SP
(Looking at the finishing photo) ... it must have been the girl in front who slowed him down Rolleyes !
Run. Just run.
20-11-2004, 12:30 PM,
Hail SP
..two weeks since the run and still my legs are not back to normal. I had this ache at the back of both knees which did subside, only to return with a vengeance after a particularly strenuous game of golf during the week! Yes really!.

Report is coming on.......slowly.