Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jan 09 - London Calling
26-01-2009, 08:20 AM,
Jan 09 - London Calling
Maybe a thick jumper tied round my waist? They're always bloody annoying.

People will just think you are self conscious about your backside.

Good work mate. A solid start on the road to London. Sub 4 ?
Nick

Pondering
26-01-2009, 08:38 AM,
Jan 09 - London Calling
Not as self-concious as wearing a frickin' tutu!

Sub 4 is the target. Could be a bit of a challenge, having taken on the charity garb, and restricting myself to three runs a week.

I left the mp3 at home again last night, preferring the sound of my own thoughts (unfortunately the "shuffle" and "repeat" functions are uncontrollable):

1. How the hell am I going to run 2.5 times this distance, faster, in only 3 months time? Tedious post on race pacing to follow sometime soon.
2. What am I going to wear under the tutu? Somehow I think running shorts would spoil the effect.*
3. Where would I store my gels?

Three months today, by the way!

[SIZE="1"]----------------
* Some would say a 14 stone bloke with hairy legs would spoil the effect. They're entitled to their opinion.[/SIZE]
26-01-2009, 09:23 AM,
Jan 09 - London Calling
marathondan Wrote:What am I going to wear under the tutu? Somehow I think running shorts would spoil the effect.

The command was to wear a tutu ... not to be a convincing ballerina! Just wear the tutu over your running shorts. Tutus, by the way, are very light-weight: except for the outrageous stares and raucous laughter of the crowd, you'd probably forget you were wearing it.

The wig, on the other hand, is going to be your main problem. Of course, the RC tradition is to wear a long, flowing red wig. But given the circumstances, I think a short blonde affair with a nice fringe would suffice.

Even so, pray for cold weather. I'd suggesting lining the inside of the wig with some moisture wicking tech-type material, otherwise the damn thing will just keep slipping off due to the sweat.

And don't forget to call yourself Desmond. That's gotta be worth an extra ten quid from your tutu friend.

Run. Just run.
26-01-2009, 09:40 AM,
Jan 09 - London Calling
Mid Life Crisis Man Wrote:The command was to wear a tutu ... not to be a convincing ballerina! Just wear the tutu over your running shorts. Tutus, by the way, are very light-weight: except for the outrageous stares and raucous laughter of the crowd, you'd probably forget you were wearing it.
It's more the wind resistance I'm concerned about - the drag effect...

Quote:The wig, on the other hand, is going to be your main problem. Of course, the RC tradition is to wear a long, flowing red wig. But given the circumstances, I think a short blonde affair with a nice fringe would suffice.
The plan is to use the charity's own bright orange affair. But they've suggested I collect it at the Expo - not exactly much time for road-testing or adjusting.

Quote:Even so, pray for cold weather. I'd suggesting lining the inside of the wig with some moisture wicking tech-type material, otherwise the damn thing will just keep slipping off due to the sweat.
Do to my total smoothness on top, it would actually be possible to use double sided tape! No chance of occasional removal though (in the water shower for instance).

Quote:And don't forget to call yourself Desmond. That's gotta be worth an extra ten quid from your tutu friend.
I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm sufficiently egotistical to get a big boost from hundreds of people calling my real name...
26-01-2009, 10:30 AM,
Jan 09 - London Calling
marathondan Wrote:...I'm sufficiently egotistical to get a big boost from hundreds of people calling my real name...

Dan Tutu? Nah, just doesn't work! I suppose Tutu Dan has a bit of a ring to it though... hmm.

OK, Tutu Dan it is. Wink
Run. Just run.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Late '14 - Lightly Limbering Up for London marathondan 31 21,489 07-01-2015, 04:26 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  December - the road to London marathondan 18 23,487 06-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Last Post: marathondan
  Post-London: the rest of 2009 marathondan 41 36,199 28-10-2009, 09:30 AM
  Road to London 2009 marathondan 17 12,317 15-12-2008, 10:50 AM