Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almería 1/2 Marathon.
03-02-2005, 09:20 PM,
Almería 1/2 Marathon.
I’m sure I speak for all the RC Team when I say that we had a fantastic weekend in Almería with a superb host in Antonio.

Better reports than I could do have already been posted, so instead…..here are my overriding memories:

§ Time a-marching on the morning of the race, and the concierge getting the wrong car out of the underground car park!

§ Andy getting a PB

§ Andy’s first words when he crossed the finishing line after his PB Eek

§ The quality of the field. I usually have hoards of runners behind me, this time I was easily in the last 10%

§ The above point doesn’t matter!

§ The smiling ‘M’ with that darn video camera – about 4 times!

§ Excellent company, good food and average Guinness.

§ Being passed by Haile Gebrselassie, and the twit I was running next to deciding to try and keep pace with The Great Man – which he did before pulling up about 30 metres later, his own race in tatters!

But if there is one image that sums up the weekend, then I believe this is it. Sadly it’s taken on the way to meet Antonio for lunch after the race so he’s not in it. But what you see here is post-race runner’s high in each of us. Looking back up La Rambla, knowing we have all had a good run and we’re now looking forward to the more relaxing part coming next.

May we have the opportunity to get together and run again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

03-02-2005, 10:32 PM,
Almería 1/2 Marathon.
Cheers Andy, good picture. I just got back - an hour or so ago. Very tired and looking forward to a good sleep.

I've got a ton of notes to write up so it might be a while. I'm also supposed to be running 15 miles and painting the stairs tomorrow, so my own detailed thoughts will have to wait.

It's been a good running week. After Sunday's race I managed a 4 mile recovery run on Monday. Painful. Tuesday I felt much better and enjoyed a 6.2 miler along the seafront at Mojacar, then a rest day, then a brisk 3 miles this morning in Roquetas to loosen up for tomorrow's long run.

Great to meet you at long last.

Next time, I'll catch you...

Cheers

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
05-02-2005, 10:40 AM,
Almería 1/2 Marathon.
Great photo - are we allowed any clues about who's who? It's nice to put faces to names.

You do very smart in your black t-shirts. Are they an RC thing?
05-02-2005, 10:41 AM,
Almería 1/2 Marathon.
p.s. can't believe it was taken AFTER the race. You all look too refreshed.
05-02-2005, 10:43 AM,
Almería 1/2 Marathon.
Guess who's who.....
El Gordo

05-02-2005, 10:58 AM,
Almería 1/2 Marathon.
They are the finisher's t shirts.

Talk about value for money!! We got a pasta dinner, a goody bag, T shirt, race entry, chip timing, rucksack and sports drink at the finish, all for around 4 quid!

I've just entered the Reading 1/2 online, and having ordered a t shirt aswell takes the cost to £34. Eek

p.s. I'm the one holding his stomach in!
05-02-2005, 11:07 AM,
Almería 1/2 Marathon.
Well done on entering Reading, Andy. Antonio should be coming, and I think Sweder was planning the trip too. If it fits in with people's timetables, I'll get some luncheon sorted out at chez RC.
El Gordo

05-02-2005, 03:48 PM,
Almería 1/2 Marathon.
Hey guys, if that photo was taken after the race, how come Gebrselassie is still running?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Run. Just run.
05-02-2005, 04:14 PM,
Almería 1/2 Marathon.
Haile went around again (just to show off).
Actually, he could have done that and still beaten me by 10 minutes!
L-R: SP, Nigel, Sweder, Suzie Q, Andy. Photo by M.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reading 1/2 Marathon Seafront Plodder 7 3,079 03-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  New York Marathon - 07 Nov 2004 Seafront Plodder 7 3,427 27-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Riazor Blue