RunningCommentary.net Forums
Almería 1/2 Marathon. - Printable Version

+- RunningCommentary.net Forums (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Training Diaries (Individuals) (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Seafront Plodder (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Almería 1/2 Marathon. (/showthread.php?tid=1265)

Almería 1/2 Marathon. - Seafront Plodder - 03-02-2005

I’m sure I speak for all the RC Team when I say that we had a fantastic weekend in Almería with a superb host in Antonio.

Better reports than I could do have already been posted, so instead…..here are my overriding memories:

§ Time a-marching on the morning of the race, and the concierge getting the wrong car out of the underground car park!

§ Andy getting a PB

§ Andy’s first words when he crossed the finishing line after his PB Eek

§ The quality of the field. I usually have hoards of runners behind me, this time I was easily in the last 10%

§ The above point doesn’t matter!

§ The smiling ‘M’ with that darn video camera – about 4 times!

§ Excellent company, good food and average Guinness.

§ Being passed by Haile Gebrselassie, and the twit I was running next to deciding to try and keep pace with The Great Man – which he did before pulling up about 30 metres later, his own race in tatters!

But if there is one image that sums up the weekend, then I believe this is it. Sadly it’s taken on the way to meet Antonio for lunch after the race so he’s not in it. But what you see here is post-race runner’s high in each of us. Looking back up La Rambla, knowing we have all had a good run and we’re now looking forward to the more relaxing part coming next.

May we have the opportunity to get together and run again.

Almería 1/2 Marathon. - El Gordo - 03-02-2005

Cheers Andy, good picture. I just got back - an hour or so ago. Very tired and looking forward to a good sleep.

I've got a ton of notes to write up so it might be a while. I'm also supposed to be running 15 miles and painting the stairs tomorrow, so my own detailed thoughts will have to wait.

It's been a good running week. After Sunday's race I managed a 4 mile recovery run on Monday. Painful. Tuesday I felt much better and enjoyed a 6.2 miler along the seafront at Mojacar, then a rest day, then a brisk 3 miles this morning in Roquetas to loosen up for tomorrow's long run.

Great to meet you at long last.

Next time, I'll catch you...

Cheers

Andy

Almería 1/2 Marathon. - Fiona - 05-02-2005

Great photo - are we allowed any clues about who's who? It's nice to put faces to names.

You do very smart in your black t-shirts. Are they an RC thing?

Almería 1/2 Marathon. - Fiona - 05-02-2005

p.s. can't believe it was taken AFTER the race. You all look too refreshed.

Almería 1/2 Marathon. - El Gordo - 05-02-2005

Guess who's who.....

Almería 1/2 Marathon. - Seafront Plodder - 05-02-2005

They are the finisher's t shirts.

Talk about value for money!! We got a pasta dinner, a goody bag, T shirt, race entry, chip timing, rucksack and sports drink at the finish, all for around 4 quid!

I've just entered the Reading 1/2 online, and having ordered a t shirt aswell takes the cost to £34. Eek

p.s. I'm the one holding his stomach in!

Almería 1/2 Marathon. - El Gordo - 05-02-2005

Well done on entering Reading, Andy. Antonio should be coming, and I think Sweder was planning the trip too. If it fits in with people's timetables, I'll get some luncheon sorted out at chez RC.

Almería 1/2 Marathon. - Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 05-02-2005

Hey guys, if that photo was taken after the race, how come Gebrselassie is still running?

Almería 1/2 Marathon. - Sweder - 05-02-2005

Haile went around again (just to show off).
Actually, he could have done that and still beaten me by 10 minutes!
L-R: SP, Nigel, Sweder, Suzie Q, Andy. Photo by M.