Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Pietersen
09-02-2005, 10:20 PM,
Kevin Pietersen
Wow - who is this guy? Where'd he come from? Is he really English? How'd he do that anyway? Did anyone see it?

Impressed I am!
Run. Just run.
09-02-2005, 10:21 PM,
Kevin Pietersen
who he?
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
09-02-2005, 10:25 PM,
Kevin Pietersen
He is your latest sporting hero. If he isn't all over your back page, then you aren't a sporting nation. Hmm, having said that, I guess time zones might have caused a problem there. Should be big news tomorrow perhaps. He'll be on the telly and radio but.
Run. Just run.
09-02-2005, 10:26 PM,
Kevin Pietersen
I admit it, I'm not a sporting nation.
El Gordo

09-02-2005, 10:28 PM,
Kevin Pietersen
Just checked the BBC website. He plays a game called "cricket" it seems.
El Gordo

09-02-2005, 10:29 PM,
Kevin Pietersen
Well I didn't mean you personally of course. Sometimes I get taken a bit too literally here.

One more performance like that and he'll be Sir Kevin Pietersen I should think. If he was an Aussie, he'd already have a car named after him, and a series of stamps in his honour. And breakfast cereals would have his picture all over the back panel where the nutrition information should be.
Run. Just run.
09-02-2005, 10:31 PM,
Kevin Pietersen
Yes, cricket - the sport of choice for all serious runners. England used to be good at it once. I remember they even won a series against us back in, ooooh, must have been 1987.

Gosh, that is a long time ago isn't it?

Well never mind lads, you get another chance in a few months time. Home turf too.
Run. Just run.
09-02-2005, 10:38 PM,
Kevin Pietersen
I can say with total confidence that we'll win the Ashes this year. It's time for a couple of decades of dominance to start. After the second test, you'll be begging for mercy.

Bring it on, as the admirable Mister Bush would say.

I'm feeling dizzy is evening. What's going on?
El Gordo

09-02-2005, 10:40 PM,
Kevin Pietersen
The clue is in the surname - he's a Springbok reject.
He was disgarded by the South African academy, moved to England and stayed long enough to become eligable to play for us. His sterling effort was sadly in vain tonight - unfortunately there's no other batsman with half his heart in the team (Freddie's at home having surgery on heel spurs).

He gets boo'd by the crowds and greeted at the crease by the SA team as 'traitor'. Nice to see him stick it to them on their own turf.

The dream is when your boys pop over for a game in the Summer Freddie will be back and the two will play together in our one day side.
You never know, we might give you a game this time Wink

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

09-02-2005, 10:50 PM,
Kevin Pietersen
I still think you should give him a Knighthood or whatever it is you do over there. I mean, talk about courage in the line of fire! 211 runs behind, with only 25 overs left (and seemingly the game lost), a hostile crowd, a hostile press and he clobbers everyone and hits a 6 off the last ball to bring up his ton and very nearly won the game for you.

He definitely needs at least a packet of biscuits named after him... which come to think of it, would be a more worthwhile, more lucrative and probably far more popular award than some pretentious Sir-hood.
Run. Just run.
09-02-2005, 11:04 PM,
Kevin Pietersen
Kevin's Fingers . . .
or perhaps Pietersen's Pecan Crackers?

We flog uppity colonials here young man.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

09-02-2005, 11:47 PM,
Kevin Pietersen
Sweder Wrote:We flog uppity colonials here young man.

Here we give them medals Big Grin
Run. Just run.