In the beginning...
03-05-2005, 03:18 PM,
In the beginning...
There was Adidas - several pairs, of forgotten models, then there was a brief flirt with Puma Complete (not a complete disaster but nothing to write home about). Next were the Nikes - Structure Triax and I thought our relationship would last forever, but 12 miles ago I discovered Saucony - "Aaahh" my feet said, "we LOVE these"

How long will our new perfect relationship last, will it be holding hands in the sunset time, will we become true sole mates? Only time, ( and a few hundred miles) will tell.
03-05-2005, 03:37 PM,
In the beginning...
Bought a pair of Saucony Omni Grid 4. They are very nice indeed and I will almost definitely get these or Asics 2100 again or as a second pair.

Pete
03-05-2005, 05:30 PM,
In the beginning...
I'm well stocked up with a couple of pairs of barely-worn New Balance 854s - my weapon of choice in recent campaigns. But in my need to blame something for not doing quite as well as hoped in the recent marathon, I'm wondering if it might be worth reconsidering. Trouble is, it's hard to know how these things will fare after 10, 15, 20 miles. Always a bit of a risk involved.

I may find myself looking into a pair of Sauconies next time around....
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
06-05-2005, 10:55 PM,
In the beginning...
I've got Triumphs that I use for longer runs off road, and Azura i's for racing. On the road I'm with Asics Cumulus which last longer than Saucony given my running style. I think that the new Shadow would suit me aswell but I'm finding it hard to justify a new pair at the moment.
07-05-2005, 09:31 AM,
In the beginning...
Offroad I have a cheap pair of Mizuno Waves - can't read the numbers as they're caked in lovely mud. I've done a couple of 20 milers in them and I can't imagine any better.

On the concrete I tested the Adidas Adistars with the shock absorbing Ground Control System - very comfy, although no more so that my Mizuno A10s were last year.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

07-05-2005, 10:42 PM,
In the beginning...
I'm with Mizuno all the way!

After FLM I sat next to a bloke who I can only imagine would be minus at least 2 toenails the following day, his foot was covered in blood, didn't get to see the other, couldn't bring myself to look!

Didn't look to see what trainers he was wearing either!
09-05-2005, 01:33 PM,
In the beginning...
will never figure on my shopping list, or Asics as they just don't make them wide enough in the heel for my short feet (4's)
That was the main reason i had to switch from Adidas, thay started making the female sizes narrower:-(

Peterward: the Saucony I bought are grid omni 4's too

Raizor Blue, will be interested in how long they last, my last pair of Nike Structure Triax only lasted about 350 miles or so before I was getting knee pain

Andy: I briefly toyed with New Balance in the shop, at least they do lots of different widths, but they felt quite heavy. Incidentally, is your Hamburg stuff up or does my machine keep loading the page form it's cache???
09-05-2005, 02:39 PM,
In the beginning...
Got them on now at my desk. they are comfy. Did three miles in them this lunchtime. I know it sounds cliched but they make running easy. I have had no pain with them at all and they really seem to cushion the heelstrike.

Lovely shoes. I would recommend them to anyone who has pronation issues!

Pete
09-05-2005, 04:51 PM,
In the beginning...
Peter
You asked for advice about shinsplints, but I think you've solved your problem already by getting hold of some new footwear.

Good, new, comfortable running shoes are the best treatment for many niggles that crop up along the way.
15-06-2005, 12:51 PM,
In the beginning...
They still smell really horrible - no I don't mean that sweaty runners feet bit, but the uppers and the soles - bit like eau de catpee, hasn't faded at all since new, even though I've done 90ish miles in them now and they have been wet a couple of times. Any ideas how to get rid of it, they are banished to the basement every night!
15-06-2005, 01:53 PM,
In the beginning...
SW

In the same boat. They still feel great to run in (About 50 Miles in I think) but boy do they whiff. I have no solutions other than maybe setting up a self help group for all us whiffy Saucony owners. I thought it was just me and me cheesy feet!

Pete
16-06-2005, 01:20 PM,
In the beginning...
Perhaps we ought to contact Saucony Pete and get their input on the matter :-)