Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Press!!!
06-05-2005, 04:20 PM,
Stop Press!!!
Mrs SP has just been out for a run with me.....(or me with her)

2 gentle run/walk miles. I'm trying to talk her into letting me buy her some proper shoes rather than the 12 quid Asda specials she's in now. Her excuse for not letting me is that she has no wish to run a marathon. Rolleyes

Early doors but I'm proud of her.......and will work on the shoes!
06-05-2005, 09:50 PM,
Stop Press!!!
Blimey, well done Mrs SP.

Only wish Mrs RB would do the same.

Buy her a Garmin 301 aswell.
07-05-2005, 09:40 AM,
Stop Press!!!
Mrs S has announced (this morning) that she will embark on her first run in almost a year on Monday. What's going on ? I've looked out my copy of invasion of the body snatchers (Donald Sutherland version, natch) to bone up on the tell-tale signs . . .

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

07-05-2005, 10:13 AM,
Stop Press!!!
No such good tidings to report over here, I'm afraid. Running is still "dangerous and unhealthy" according to She Who Knows Best.

Just off out for my first run since Hamburg, incidentally. I'm not looking forward to it, but it has to be done.

A bit like completing the race report. At least I've reached the second half now....
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
10-05-2005, 07:29 AM,
Stop Press!!!
Hey SP, you entered Seaford Half yet?
I just found my entry form buried on my desk - thought I'd sent it in already. Going for a 5 miler this morning - entry in the post today for sure.

10-05-2005, 04:54 PM,
Stop Press!!!
Ah, err....yes well.....

Anyway, Mrs SP and I paid a visit to The Jog Shop yesterday, and she's now the proud owner of a pair of New Balance 854's. If like me, you remember the feeling of sheer bliss when you first slip on and road test your first ever pair of proper shoes well, that was yesterday.

She was out on a 2 mile circuit yesterday while I was wielding a racket in anger, and dispite my instructions that today should be a rest day, she was out again today for 2 more. Eek

At this rate, before we know it she'll be ready for the Seaford 1/2 before me and have her own diary here!

I'll be out tomorrow, honest.
10-05-2005, 05:06 PM,
Stop Press!!!
If further 854s (or any other New Balance gear) are required, make sure you use mail order from the factory shop in Cumbria, tel: 01931 716333.

Usually at least half price.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
16-05-2005, 04:01 PM,
Stop Press!!!
Well continuing my half-hearted attempt to get fit enough to tackle my local off road 1/2, I ran off road yesterday, Over the South Downs, Denton to Firle and back.

It struck me that when offroad you really do have to run like a catwalk model may walk, foot planted directly in front of t'other, otherwise you run the risk of falling over when you step out of the rutted furrow. Takes some getting used to after the billiard-table flat seafront prom.

And hills??Eek, don't talk to me about hills: loads of the bloody things there were. All in all, 8.9 miles of up hill and down dale sweating, and legs scratched to buggery on the thistles to boot.

Sheep poo aplenty and ate about two and a half pounds of flies, but all was well when I ended up at a local village inn, where I met up with Mrs SP who had cheated by doing the same route on the back of her horse.
16-05-2005, 06:20 PM,
Stop Press!!!
Watch out . . . you'll soon abandon the way of the Pavement and become a devout mud-plugger! Well done old boy.

26-05-2005, 04:17 PM,
Stop Press!!!
Honestly!

It's just that I haven't sat down and told anyone. What with Mrs SP close to the stage of 2 miles non-stop, I too am improving the midweek runs and am up to 6 miles midweek and around a little longer (but up hill and down dale Sad ) offroad at the weekend.

Oh yes, and I've sent back my ill or injured entry for next year's FLM.Eek Gawd knows why they need it back by 10th June, but I'm 30 quid lighter and in retrospect it is probably a shrewd move because I had no time either to reconsider or lose it!