Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June- life's a bitch and then there is no more running
06-06-2008, 12:09 PM,
June- life's a bitch and then there is no more running
Whilst walking out in the Cheshire countryside last Saturday morning I walked under a rural canal bridge that leaks like a sieve from the canal above. It is always slippery, the pavement positively oozes green slime. We walked in the road to avoid said slime, but had to get out of the way of an approaching car, heel contacts curb and I skidded, legs in the air to land v.heavily back wards on to my left arm - consequence = severely fractured left wrist, it looked like a swans neck and I came the closest I have ever been to actually fainting. Hospital were quick and efficient but despite three people wrestling with it at once they haven't managed to put it back exactly in to place, so I am plastered - (I wish!) and have to go back on Monday to see if they can pin it back.

So - no running, no cello, no fun.

Have been taking the gin and tonic treatment each night as it seems to be a more effective pain killer than ibuprofen;-) but basically fed up, I hate day time telly and I have already got through three longish novels and typing with one hand is v.slow:-(

Moan over.
Phew this is hard work !

Messages In This Thread
June- life's a bitch and then there is no more running - by stillwaddler - 06-06-2008, 12:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you have to be a member of a running club to be a “real” runner? stillwaddler 2 3,173 03-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  June, but far from flaming... stillwaddler 8 3,425 10-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  Life after snowski stillwaddler 3 2,064 10-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder