Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
December is here before its June
06-12-2015, 03:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2015, 03:31 PM by Charliecat5.)
December is here before its June
This Twitten running lark is becoming a thing.  9am this morning saw another motley crew heading out for a third session in as many weeks.  I would love to say they’re getting easier, but they’re not. 

Out Along the River (aka Rob) has even set up a twitter account (@TwitterRun) for the occasion, which is starting to attract other runners to the fold, including the Godfather of running himself:  Mr Tom Roper; who has promised to grace us with his presence for the Christmas run.  On another, very positive note, there are strong rumours that bacon scarnies will be provided at the end of the Christmas run.  I bet they're few excuses for turning out for this one.

So we now have six nutcases signed up.  The Cat, The Goat, The Snapper, Wildman, Media Man, Mountain Man and as already stated… a seventh in the offing: The Godfather.  Plus, somewhere sitting stage left is Sam… the man who has run them twice already this week, but has not yet plucked up the courage to run the challenge with us (can’t say I blame him to be honest); and Pinky  (A GIRL), who would have been with us this morning had she not overslept (… SO SHE CLAIMS).

The rules of Twitten running (and yes, we have rules) are pretty simple.  You run up the Twittens  as quickly as you can, but at a speed you can maintain all the way up.  It's about running at your own pace… pushing your own boundaries, making your own improvements.  HA HA HA HA, AS IF.  Obv. it’s about making sure you get to the top first.  There is nothing like the sound of determined footsteps running inches behind you to drive that extra bit of effort… to dig deeper than you have ever dug before…  to make it to the top first.  Christ alive… it’s a brutal experience.  We had an experienced (proper) runner with us this morning, but even he was on his knees by the end.

In other news, I also managed a nice little outing with Rob on Friday evening.  Just a gentle jaunt around town to run the aches and pains of the working week away.  It was good apart from the sense that a cold was on its way.  By Saturday morning (and following a late night out on the beer) the cold which was clearly just playing with me on Friday, had arrived.  I very nearly pulled out of the Twitten run this morning, but having taken advice from t’internet, decided that as my cold was above neck and not below, I would head out and let the torrential rain and gale force winds sort me out.   I enjoyed the running… but I’m not sure it has done my cold any favours. 

The good news this coming week is that cold aside, I am working at home Tuesday and Thursday, which means I can re-join the herd again and head out for some really crazy stuff.  Track day on Thursday… oh boy, I’m looking forward to that.
There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
December is here before its June - by Charliecat5 - 06-12-2015, 03:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  June, so full of promise Charliecat5 12 5,400 15-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Last Post: marathondan
  June... my goodness how the time has flewn Charliecat5 34 12,383 26-06-2015, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Charliecat5
  December ('tis the season) Charliecat5 23 9,214 31-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  June 2014 Charliecat5 17 6,524 29-06-2014, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man