Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October is a fine and dangerous season
11-10-2015, 12:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015, 07:24 PM by Charliecat5.)
RE: October is a fine and dangerous season
Having dropped out of the Jog Shop 20, I though the least I could do was offer to marshal.   So this morning I joined the Seaford Striders and the King of the Marshals, Mr Tom Roper, at mile 6.  

What a glorious morning…  I decided to run to my position today, to pay homage to those running the whole thing.  At 8:15 I set off over the Downs still shrouded in vaporous mist; but it didn’t last long and by the time I had reached the top of Kingston Ridge the autumble sunshine had rolled out of bed and was embracing the day.   I arrived at the top of the North Face (our rendezvous) in good time… and then walked with Chris (a Moyleman runner) to our respective marshalling points some half a mile further south. 

For ten minutes I had the Downs to myself, apart from a curious herd of cows and a couple of tractors busy planting next year’s crop in the fields opposite.  Then the lead bikes came through… followed a good fifteen minutes later by the first runners – pounding out a good turn of speed.  I would have to say they looked buggered… testament to what a hilly bastard this run is.  Over the next sixty minutes I directed runners of all shapes and sizes, including Moyleman's own Brian and Naomi, through a very bemused bunch of cows.   Watching them all go past was quite lovely and sad at the same time… sad because I had planned to do this. 

With the last runner through, I walked back to the Jelly Baby table, grabbed a quick drink of juice and ran the 5 miles back home again.   All in all, I ran 10 miles today.  I ran half the Jog Shop 20 to marshal the Jog Shop 20.

Well played to all those who were out there running it today... it is brutal but beautiful run.
There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
RE: October is a fine and dangerous season - by Charliecat5 - 11-10-2015, 12:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  December ('tis the season) Charliecat5 23 9,255 31-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  October 2014 Charliecat5 21 8,229 29-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Last Post: glaconman