Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad runs...
14-01-2005, 07:52 PM,
Bad runs...
Funnily enough, Sweder and I were talking just the other day about the fact we both (as others also do), think about what to write in this blog whilst we are out running. The post-run, endorphin fuelled runner’s high we all experience is usually enough to get us to write some garbage or other even though it’s not what we thought about whilst running because of course, that’s all forgotten.

It got us onto the subject of what we would write after a bad run. Well here it is………...

Mrs SP’s car has had a slow puncture for a while now. Every fortnight or so I’d be out in the drive with the £16.99 Halfords special plug-it-in-the-cigar-lighter electric pump, topping up a flattish tyre. Quite why she can’t do this arsing job herself is another matter! A while ago we were given a spare wheel (complete with new tyre) by a friendly mechanic. The wheel’s off a different car but the tyre’s the right size.

Bear with me……….Big Grin

This afternoon I had the superb idea of driving her car over to Quikfit, leaving it there for them to mend slow puncture/swap tyre over whatever…. And instead of having to hang around, fit in a 5 mile run!

All went to plan on the car front, but the run was crap! Along a main road and uphill into the wind wasn’t the best way to begin and it really just got worse from there. I could never get going, the breathing didn’t settle down and frankly I just wanted to stop. To cap it all (ha ha Sad) my right knee started to ache. I turned back early, and stopped back outside Quikfit with jobbie stopping at 4.21 miles.

Perhaps a reasonable distance, but a bad run because it felt like a bad run. But here’s the fun part…

She’d borrowed my car while I had hers. And whilst I was getting it mended, she managed to (in typical female style {err…probably}), clip a passing wall and take off the near-side wing mirror!! Well there’s gratitude for you. My new car, so new it hasn’t even had its first service, is now sitting in the drive looking all forlorn.

Bad run, bad car day. Bollocks, and goodnight!

Messages In This Thread
Bad runs... - by Seafront Plodder - 14-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Bad runs... - by Sweder - 14-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Bad runs... - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 14-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Bad runs... - by El Gordo - 14-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Bad runs... - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 15-01-2005, 02:50 AM
Bad runs... - by Sweder - 15-01-2005, 10:06 AM
Bad runs... - by Seafront Plodder - 16-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Bad runs... - by El Gordo - 17-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Bad runs... - by Sweder - 18-01-2005, 12:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post