Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of the benefits
27-05-2005, 07:41 PM,
One of the benefits
of having an office at home Is the lack of commuting. A quick hop up the stairs and I’m there, at work. Of course it does have its downside. We’ve lost the spare bedroom so the mother-in-law can’t stay, but ho hum, life goes on! Big Grin

Another downside, (such as it is), is that I didn’t step out of the house all day today; and it was during today that I decided to embark on a hilly 6 miler after I’d finished earning the corn.

So by about 5ish I’d packed up work (well it is POETS day) and donned the lycra.

So as I said, one of the downsides of working from home is not leaving the house all day, and therefore I had no real idea how damn hot it was! Eek Sure I spent the day in shorts with the windows open, but it wasn’t really until I was ¼ of a mile up the road that I realised how warm it was.

I decided to run from home and up into the hills. Upwards to Frog Firle (yes really) and beyond to stop a hilly 3 miles from home along the South Downs Way.

Hills?? Enough to make your legs boil, but I still made it to the 3 mile turn in 34 minutes which I was pleased with. A quick drink and a baaa at the overheating sheep and back I turned. All downhill but I didn’t manage to make up much time, finishing at the front door in 67 minutes with 6:09 miles.

No great shakes, but when you add the compulsory (as endorsed by King-of-the-Hills Sweder) 20% for the elevation, and another 20% or so for the stifling temperature Big Grin, well….who knows?

This beer dunnarf taste good tonight!

Attached Files
.gif   pint.gif (Size: 9.76 KB / Downloads: 87)

Messages In This Thread
One of the benefits - by Seafront Plodder - 27-05-2005, 07:41 PM
One of the benefits - by El Gordo - 27-05-2005, 11:37 PM
One of the benefits - by Sweder - 28-05-2005, 10:09 AM
One of the benefits - by Sweder - 06-06-2005, 04:43 PM