Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh where, oh where has my little dog gone?
24-02-2009, 01:00 PM,
Not a dog, but my flippin Garmin has gone missing, I always store it in it's box, in a particular drawer...but it is now nowhere to be found. Did it take the hump and pack it's little spotted handkerchief and leave home because I hadn't used it since before Christmas when I was training for the Stockport 10 miler?

I had taken the conscious decision not to run with either it or a watch for awhile, but just go out and run.

It was only the 201 version but I had had it recently refurbished and now I miss it :-(
Phew this is hard work !
24-02-2009, 01:34 PM,
I sympathise, SW.

I'm disappointed with my iPod, which has had a similar flounce. All I did was not to use it for a couple of weeks, expecting it to welcome the liberation from having to bounce around on my generous stomach, fending off rivers of perspiration. Instead, it's decided to secrete itself somewhere in my dishevelled household. Of course, if I buy another one, it will immediately come out of hiding.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
24-02-2009, 02:19 PM,
there's a coincidence, perhaps they are both at this moment communing together with Lord Lucan and Shergar somewhere between Cheshire and BerkshireBig Grin

Incidentally El G, it's great to read your blog entries again, sorry I haven't yet commented direct, but I'm in there rooting for you.
Phew this is hard work !
24-02-2009, 02:47 PM,
Thanks SW. I've hit a slightly tricky period but I am remaining confident. It's in my hands. Critical for me to get a couple of 20 milers in before Boston. If I can do that, I'll be happy, especially if I can continue to lose a few pounds. I was a bit naughty during the bereavement period, when I did a bit too much comfort eating. It's coming back off, but never as quickly as it going on.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
24-02-2009, 03:40 PM,
I'm sure the weight will regulate itself as you continue your training El G, just consider it as early carbo loading...

My shadow doesn't grow any less either, quite the opposite, but the cold weather hasn't provided any incentive to lose any weight, I just can't fancy a lettuce leaf when its -2 out there.
Phew this is hard work !
25-02-2009, 11:47 AM,
I'll take my 201 out tomorrow SW with strict instructions to find yours in Garmin-land and report back...

To be honest, I keep losing mine too, but whenever I threaten to go out without it, it comes out of hiding - it likes to play silly buggers with me like that if I don't give it enough attention. Rolleyes
Run. Just run.
02-03-2009, 02:09 PM,
thank you MLCM, the conflab in Garmin land must have done the trick, I took the house apart at the weeeknd, searching in all avaialble drawers and eventually located the wretched thing in a drawer in the kitchen where I keep the tee towels. Quite how it got there I'll never know but I'm very pleased to have found it, not quite pleased enough to strap it to my wrist and leg it out of the front door 'though:-)

Any news on the ipod El G??
Phew this is hard work !