Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaxenyank RE: Sweder, Big Easy Nov 1, 05 Small details!
09-01-2006, 04:55 PM,
December 1982

At the age of 21 I have visited New Orleans for a long weekend, fly home to Miami, pack all I can fit into a duffle bag and purchase a 1 way ticket back.

May 1987

I am working as a waitress at the Old Absinthe House Bar on Bourbon Street, slightly jaded from 4 years of serving drinks to drunken tourists. There has been this tall dark haired Englishman hanging around the bar for a week or so. He was a cross between Paul McCartney and Sly Stallone, and I thought him to be quite adorable, you know how us Yanks LOVE a British accent. But he was clearly interested in the Bartender, a slender shorthaired brunette, a little older at the time, 35 or so!

It is a Saturday evening, the band has not yet begun and I am conversing with another waitress about erogenous zones. The Englishman, having overheard the topic of our discussion approaches with a mischievious grin and adds "The Big Toe!" It took me about 10 minutes to stop laughing! I thought to myself, now's my chance to steal his attention from the Bartender, and suggested that he sit at one of my tables, because Blondes have more fun, you know! At the end of the night, I offered him a single rose that had been left behind on another table, and asked if he would like to go see some of the hidden away pubs that only the locals know... And so began the Summer of 1987, and the most incredible whirlwind romance... cheesy camera line, Ralph and Norton the pet Rats, Saturday mornings with Pee Wee... and oh yes, The Moody Blues.

New Orleans will be back, it has to be... I met the love of my life there... and 20 years later the friendship remains as do all of the wonderful memories of that beautiful city that the water can never take away...
09-01-2006, 10:30 PM,
Nice to 'see' you again, Ames. It's amazing what you can get away with armed only with an English accent and a bucket of Sex On The Beach . . . Wink

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sweder - we always knew it made sense :-) stillwaddler 2 2,280 03-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  Big Cup, Small Crowd Sweder 14 6,266 06-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  Sweder's training regime... Seafront Plodder 2 1,688 28-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Sweder