Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connemarathon 2010 - All welcome
15-04-2010, 09:00 PM,
RE: Connemarathon 2010 - All welcome
(15-04-2010, 08:03 PM)suzieq Wrote: I can't believe I'm actually back in Calgary (and work) after a very busy 7 days in London/Ireland. The race was everything I thought it would be (all good) with beautiful hot weather thrown in. Ash and Antonio deserve medals for what they did. I am still in awe of Ash running the ultra - he is a machine! Climbing the mountain the next day was much tougher than the race; or maybe it was tough because of the race...

A thoroughly wonderful time in Ireland - and we were never in fear of running out of Guinness!Big Grin

Suzie

I´m very glad you´re safe back at home. Today many flights have been cancelled because of a volcano eruption in Iceland.

Saludos desde Almería

15-04-2010, 11:06 PM,
Hail Well done everybody.
There must be a race report of the century somewhere in the pipeline....
16-04-2010, 12:20 AM,
(15-04-2010, 08:03 PM)suzieq Wrote: Climbing the mountain the next day was much tougher than the race; or maybe it was tough because of the race...

A thoroughly wonderful time in Ireland - and we were never in fear of running out of Guinness!Big Grin

Suzie

Also pleased to hear you made it out before the volcanic ash descended from the heavens. It was a terrific weekend, one I'd love to revisit next year.

Getting a race report together is proving tougher than the race itself. Perhaps over the weekend, though with Mrs H's birthday, hours of gardening and the Brighton Marathon to attend it may be a struggle.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

18-04-2010, 03:14 AM,
Well done everyone - back in January I had seriously considered flying over for at least the half, but by then entries had closed. As it turned out, just as well as I wouldn't have made it anyhow (and certainly wouldn't have made it back, thanks to Iceland!)

A hearty congratulations to all ... I'm wading my way through the reports now and thoroughly enjoying it. Brilliant!
Run. Just run.
14-02-2012, 04:13 PM,
Well here's a novel idea...
The Connemarathon 'Choose Your Distance' will offer entrants the ability to take on any distance they choose over the legendary course three weeks before the big day.

Buses will depart Galway City at 9:00am on March 10th and drive the entire Ultra, Full and Half Marathon route allowing entrants to choose their individual starting point with everyone finishing at Maam Cross. There will be three water stations set out on the course with a range of snacks. Connemarathon Race Director Ray O'Connor says "This is a great opportunity for everyone to see first hand what 'the devil's mother' or 'the hell of the west' is actually like without having to take on the full distance. Once the bus arrives at the mile marker that you want to start from you can hop off and run." The event is perfect for anyone taking on the Half, Full or Ultra Marathon this April. Everyone is then brought back to Oughterard by bus for a well earned buffet lunch followed by a interesting course overview and Q&A session which will be hosted by Mick Rice.

15-02-2012, 09:10 AM,
Dang, I'm working that weekend else I'd be there like a shot.
They do need bus drivers, right?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brighton 10K 2010 The Beast of Bevendean 1 5,275 29-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Last Post: petaral6
  Yellow Umbrella Day 2010 sports.coach 1 4,859 26-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Last Post: El Gordo
  2010 Brighton Marathon Sweder 46 43,216 28-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Last Post: marathondan
  Almeria 2010 El Gordo 191 157,629 02-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder