Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When September ends . . . again . . .
03-10-2006, 10:06 AM,
Sure I'll tell the story....it'll cost ya mind.

Mind you, that little escapade is dwarfed by Tippett's similar sensational saga! A story best told over a Guinness or few.
03-10-2006, 10:09 AM,
Desperately in need of a quality Guinness session . . . you never know, I may even buy a couple of rounds Eek
Back next weekend, Jog Shop Jog is following Sunday so will be well up for a night out after that.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

03-10-2006, 10:49 AM,
What the heck are you two rabbiting on about? Confused
Run. Just run.
03-10-2006, 01:45 PM,
Sweder Wrote:I’d best hand you over to Swiss Tony on this one. Taking on a long-distance run is a bit like making love to a beautiful woman.
Sweder, excellent allegory. I think you missed a few obvious comparisons though:

1. It's important to maintain an even and steady rhythm. Older participants may use a heart rate monitor with a warning alarm.

2. Make sure you stay hydrated throughout. Beginners may stop to drink water, the more experienced will just carry on.

3. You may wish to smear vaseline on your nipples.

4. Some people like to write about it on the Internet afterwards. Often with pictures.
03-10-2006, 02:16 PM,
Being in a car crash - Going to the brink of death and back, in a nine car pile-up on a dual carriage-way, is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First of all, brace yourself, hold on tight - particularly if it's a rear-ender. Pray you make contact with her twin airbags as soon as possible.

Washing a car - Washing a car, is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You've got to caress the bodywork. Breathe softly and gently. And give every inch of it your loving attention. And make sure you've got a nice wet sponge.

Laying a carpet - Laying a carpet is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You check the dimensions, lay her out on the floor, pin her down, walk all over her. If you're adventurous, like me, you might like to try an underlay.

Putting up a tent - Putting up a tent is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You rent her, unzip the door, put up your pole and slip in to the old bag.

Going fishing - Of course, As you know, I'm a very keen fisherman myself. You know, I've often thought that going fishing was very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First of all, clean and inspect your tackle, carefully pull back your rod cover, and remove any dirt or gunge that may have built up whilst not in use. Then, extend your rod to its full length, and check that there are no kinks or any wear. Particularly at the base, where the grip is usually applied. Make sure you've got a decent float, the appropriate bait, and that there's plenty of shot in your bag.

Being in therapy - And yet, having therapy is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You get on the couch, string 'em along with some half-lies and evasions, probe some deep dark holes, and then hand over all your money.

Making coffee - Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak. And then you put in the milk.

Checking a second hand car - Checking the details of a second-hand car is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First of all, verify her year of origin. She may look like she rolled off the production line in 1990 but who's to say the fellow before you didn't give her a good spraying?

Hanging wallpaper - Well, hanging wallpaper is also very much like making love to a beautiful woman. Clean all the relevant surfaces, spread her out on the table, cover her with paste, and stick her up. Then you clean your brush, light your pipe, stand back and admire your handiwork.

Buying jewellery - Buying jewellery for a beautiful woman is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman. First you check the size of her ring to make sure it will fit. Then you end up giving her a pearl necklace
03-10-2006, 04:22 PM,
OK, enough Swiss Tony already.
Its October, as someone kindly pointed out earlier.
You guys are living in the past. Sheesh.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  September Sweder 8 2,291 13-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  September 2016 Sweder 8 4,272 27-09-2016, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  September 2013 Sweder 21 11,953 01-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  September Sweder 49 34,400 29-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Sweder
  September 2011 Sweder 17 14,147 03-10-2011, 08:56 AM