Almería Half Marathon, 28 Jan 2007
24-11-2006, 09:48 PM,
Hola, Paul

Welcome to this friendly forum. It will be great to meet you in Almería next January. I´m sure you will have a good time. Do you come often to the province of Almería?

As far as the hotel is concerned, I think we should wait and see if there´s a special offer for the half marathon entrants. Anyway, I´d like to know if you all prefer a hotel in the city centre or in the outskirts like the one this year. Probably, the Tryp Indalo, the one you stayed in this year will be the official hotel although it is about 2 km away from the city centre.

Saludos desde Almería Greetings from Almería

Antonio

PS. There´s no problem with the entry. actually it is not possible yet since the website is not updated yet.

24-11-2006, 10:03 PM,
I'm undecided on the hotel issue. I liked the closeness to the centre of the first hotel, but I probably preferred the actual hotel second year, even if it was a bit of a drag being 2 km outside. In other words, I think either would be good, but perhaps we'll wait to see if there are any special offers closer to the time.

I'll wait to hear what the others think.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
29-11-2006, 06:33 PM,
Hola Antonio

We have only just taken possession of the house, just outside Albox, I am hoping to get down about 3/4 a year work permitting. Really looking forward to the race looks like they leave all the arrangements to the last minute, keeping my eye on the site.

Paul
29-11-2006, 06:34 PM,
Sorry guys don't know what happened there, appears to have gone on twice.

Paul

[ANDY: Don't worry, I've deleted it for you. No one need ever know..... Smile]
29-11-2006, 09:58 PM,
Hola, Paul

I wrote to the webmaster of the half marathon webpage and he told me that the website was about to be out but the race date is on Sunday 28th January for sure. I also talked to the person in charge in the Patronato Municipal de Deportes and confirmed that date.

Looking forward to meeting you. I hope you enjoy your new house in the Albox area.

Regards

Antonio

30-11-2006, 04:45 PM,
I'm flexible on whatever hotel the majority want. It is nice being in the centre, but I do recall it being noisy on the side I was on. Is it possible to walk from the other hotel to various places (pubs)? We don't want to have to drive anywhere after having a few refreshments...

Suzie
30-11-2006, 09:37 PM,
I´ve asked in several hotels and these are the fares for each night from Saturday to Monday ( both nights included ) :

Hotel Torreluz **** ( the hotel you stayed in 2005 ). In the city centre.
Around 70 € ( the 2007 fares are not updated ) + 7% VAT ( only the room )

http://www.amhoteles.com/english/index.htm

Hotel Torreluz *** ( just opposite the previous one )
40 € + 7% VAT ( the single room )
http://www.torreluz.com/

Hotel Catedral **** ( a new hotel by the cathedral )
90€ with buffet breakfast and VAT included

http://www.husa.es/es/fichaHotel.php?id=203

Hotel Tryp Indalo **** ( the hotel you stayed in this year ). 2 km away from the city centre. Well communicated with bus.
50 € + 7% VAT ( Double room for one or two people )
5,50 € * 7% VAT buffet breakfast ( optional ).

http://www.solmelia.com/solNew/hoteles/j...Hotel=0407

There may be another offer for the official hotel once the half marathon website is released.

I think that Hotel Tryp Indalo is the quietest although it has the drawback that it is a bit far away from the city centre and it is also quite new.

01-12-2006, 01:58 PM,
Hi Guys

Just checked the website and it has been updated, whats the easiest way of entering ? online, on the day.

Paul
01-12-2006, 02:04 PM,
We've entered online in previous years. You have to pick up your number and the first instalment of your freebies at the stadium the evening before the race, on the way to the slap-up feed.
El Gordo

01-12-2006, 02:29 PM,
Sad Wish I could join you guys, but Mr SW in a fit of enthusiam has entered us for the local three villages half on the same weekend, he's just started a new job and he saw it advertised on the notice board, don't know what it will be like.

maybe 2008 with MLCMan too?

(Apologies for not contributing more just recently, usual "Slough of Despond" probably caused by the time of year as much as anything :-( )
01-12-2006, 04:00 PM,
Andy

Thanks for that, I will give it a try.

Paul
01-12-2006, 05:14 PM,
Hi Guys

I think my online entry worked, with the assistance of an online translator I worked my way through the form and even managed to fill in the bank draft. I'm shown on the list as 'pendiente' presume that must mean entry pending.

No going back now, I'm in, suppose i had better start training.

Paul
01-12-2006, 08:11 PM,
stillwaddler Wrote:Sad Wish I could join you guys, but Mr SW in a fit of enthusiam has entered us for the local three villages half on the same weekend, he's just started a new job and he saw it advertised on the notice board, don't know what it will be like.

maybe 2008 with MLCMan too?

(Apologies for not contributing more just recently, usual "Slough of Despond" probably caused by the time of year as much as anything :-( )

2008 it is, SW. I'll hold you to that. No squirming out of it! Sounds like it will be quite a bash.

Yep, it's a tough time of year to get out there, but that half you entered should help to drag you out.
El Gordo

01-12-2006, 09:54 PM,
It´s a pity you won´t be able to come next year, STW, but we´ll be looking forward to meeting you here in 2008. Good luck with your local half on the same weekend.

Congratulations, K, for succeeding in entering. Yes, "pendiente" means that the entry has to be confirmed later.

I´ll translate the data into English later in case any of you have any problem to enter.

Regards

Antonio

01-12-2006, 10:36 PM,
SELECCIONE DISTANCIA - CHOOSE DISTANCE

NOMBRE - FIRST NAME

APELLIDOS - SURNAME

DNI - ( EN SU CASO PASAPORTE ) - SPANISH ID ( OTHERWISE PASSPORT NUMBER )

FECHA DE NACIMIENTO – DATE OF BIRTH

SEXO - SEX HOMBRE - MAN MUJER - WOMAN

NACIONALIDAD - NATIONALITY

CLUB

LICENCIA FEDERATIVA - FEDERATION LICENCE NUMBER

CATEGORÍA MILITAR, POLICÍA O BOMBERO - CATEGORY :

MILITARY , POLICE OR FIREMAN/WOMAN

UNIVERSIDAD DE ALMERÍA : SÍ - NO - UNIVERSITY OF ALMERÍA : YES – NO

LOCAL : NO - SÍ LOCAL : NO – YES ( ATHLETES WITH CURRENT LICENCE AND PROCESSED BY THE ALMERIAN DELEGATION OF THE ANDALUSIAN ATHLETICS FEDERATION ).

CÓDIGO DE CHIP ( EXCLUSIVAMENTE PARA LOS QUE POSEEAN CHIP CHAMPION

CHIP CODE ( ONLY FOR THOSE WHO OWN “ CHIP CHAMPION ” )

DIRECCIÓN - ADDRESS

LOCALIDAD - TOWN CÓDIGO POSTAL - POST CODE

PROVINCIA - PROVINCE / COUNTY PAÍS - COUNTRY

TELÉFONO FIJO - HOME PHONE MÓVIL - MOBILE PHONE

( PARA MENSAJE CON LA CLASIFICACIÓN Y TIEMPO ) – ( TO BE SENT A MESSAGE WITH THE RACE POSITION AND TIME ).

CORREO ELECTRÓNICO - E-MAIL ADDRESS

CUOTA DE PARTICIÓN - ENTRY FEES

10 EUROS CUOTA GENERAL - 10 EUROS GENERAL ENTRY FEE

7 EUROS SOCIOS DE .......... - 7 EUROS MEMBERS OF .......( SOME MAGAZINES OR SPORTS CLUBS )

DEBERÁ PRESENTARSE EL DOCUMENTO ACREDITATIVO QUE DA DERECHO A DESCUENTO EN EL MOMENTO DE RETIRADA DEL DORSAL)

THE DOCUMENT THAT ENTITLES YOU TO A DISCOUNT MUST BE SHOWN WHEN COLLECTING THE RACE NUMBER.

FORMA DE PAGO - METHOD OF PAYMENT

TARJETA DE CRÉDITO - CREDIT CARD

INGRESO O TRANSFERENCIA BANCARIA - BANK TRANSFER

10 KMS SALUDABLES - GRATIS 10 KM FUN RUN - FREE

GRABAR INSCRIPCIÓN - RECORD ENTRY

Excuse the mistakes I have made. Please correct whatever you find unusual or wrong since I´d like to send the webmaster to ask him if he could add the translation into English so that people who don´t speak Spanish can enter more easily.

Anyway, if any of you can´t enter, just send me your data and I´ll enter for you.

Best of luck

Antonio

01-12-2006, 11:43 PM,
Well done Antonio, and thanks. I'm sure that will help us.

Just a couple of corrections:

-- We say "CHAMPION CHIP" rather than CHIP CHAMPION

-- You missed the "You" in this sentence: "THE DOCUMENT THAT ENTITLES [you] TO A DISCOUNT MUST BE SHOWN WHEN COLLECTING THE RACE NUMBER

-- WAY OF PAYMENT would more normally be "Method of payment". Means the same thing but is more familiar usage.
El Gordo

02-12-2006, 02:56 PM,
Muchas gracias, Andy. Thanks a lot. I´ve already made the changes, except "Chip champion" which must be a sort of trade mark.

Regards

Antonio

PS. If any of you notices any other mistakes or something that doesn´t sound well, please tell me.

03-12-2006, 12:02 PM,
anlu247 Wrote:Muchas gracias, Andy. Thanks a lot. I´ve already made the changes, except "Chip champion" which must be a sort of trade mark.

The trademark is ChampionChip.

http://www.championchip.com/home/index.php
El Gordo

03-12-2006, 08:31 PM,
Gracias, Andy. It must be a mistake in the half marathon website.

Saludos desde Almería.

Antonio

04-12-2006, 12:51 PM,
Hi Guys

My entry is confirmed, got the day off, just thinking of going for a training run. Did a cross country yesterday for my club, 6 miles of hell, knee deep in mud, wind and rain. I've got a 10 mile road race coming up on Sunday at Stockport so at least I can tell what shape I am in, or how much work I will have to do.

take care

Paul

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 hour radio celebration of marathon running today El Gordo 9 22,736 18-11-2017, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  2013 World Athletics Championships Marathon Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 0 6,052 17-08-2013, 10:13 PM
  London Marathon Stories Sweder 2 10,354 30-04-2012, 12:23 PM
  sub 2-hour marathon glaconman 0 8,922 12-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Last Post: glaconman
  Thankyou from Almeria Heather 55 1 5,768 10-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Antonio247
  Anyone from the Almeria Area? Heather 55 4 6,199 09-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Last Post: ladyrunner
  marathon nerves johnnyb 20 12,820 28-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Katy.a
  race report two oceans marathon amit 5 4,899 27-04-2008, 09:51 PM
  training update two oceans marathon amit 12 8,297 25-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder
  Whos doing the Dublin Marathon 2007 Gersrunning 27 14,460 25-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Last Post: lizoconnortalk21