Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crimes against beer
11-12-2006, 01:20 PM,
Crimes against beer
I feel I have to tell someone about a very harrowing experience that I had over the weekend. I think you lot are likely to be the most sympathetic.

It has come to my attention that quantities of that venerable brew Old Speckled Hen are being stored under pressure and at inhumane temperatures, right here in the UK. Yes, I was served the aforementioned former real ale, chilled and with a creamy head. This may contravene the Geneva convention.

It tasted pretty much of nothing, but the alternative was John Smith's extra smooth so I couldn't be arsed to send it back. It was the start of a hugely unpleasant meal (although admittedly the baby vomiting over me wasn't strictly the restaurant's fault).

The offender was Harvester Restaurants. Before you snigger, they could once upon a time be relied upon for a fine pint of Bass Ale, or Staropramen (before it was famous). But now they have overstepped the mark. Equally shocking is that a brewery could let one of its most celebrated products be mutilated thus.

Has anyone here ever witnessed a more horrifying crime?
11-12-2006, 01:29 PM,
Crimes against beer
Hmm, that does indeed sound like a most frightful experience. Are you really sure it happened? I've noticed the frequency of my nightmares rocket over the past couple of weeks. Those concerning cricket have been especially vivid.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RW beer article marathondan 1 1,038 15-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man