Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moyleman
16-04-2009, 07:40 PM,
Moyleman
As some of you now know Chris passed away late last night.
Tina and his close family were by his bedside.

Chris dealt with his illness in his own way; privately, with dignity, not wishing to cause a fuss or upset people. Typical of the man, thinking of others when facing his worst fears.

Our thoughts are with his family, Camilla & Dave who many of us know and see at Hove Park and on the Sunday runs. My heart goes out to Tina who gave Chris untold love and support. When I last spoke to him he told me that she had been a rock, a diamond, her love and care had seen him through the darkest hours. Although he didn't chose to make public his feelings I know he was hugely touched by the Hastings Marathon appeal, and was humbled to think that people would run in his name. Chris was a modest man with humility enough for all, which makes his departure from us all the more difficult to bear.

I may have more to say about Chris in the days and weeks to come; for now emotions are too raw.

Rest in peace brother. A man could wish for no finer friend.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

16-04-2009, 08:12 PM,
Moyleman
So very sad to hear about Chris.
I've just been told.
I'm so shocked at the suddeness, it may take a while to come to terms.
I have great memories, i will not forget.
Good bye dear friend
16-04-2009, 09:48 PM,
Moyleman
Such fine words that you have both written about Chris.

I have known Chris for 10 years and it is such a shock to see him go.

The first 5 years of knowing Chris we spent quite a bit of time together both socially and running/racing, then unfortunately he had time out from running due to his back problems, then I had time out due to a hamstring injury. But we were re-united briefly for a few months last Summer and had some tremendous runs together on the South Downs and that wonderful trip to Bewl last July that was so special.

Moyleman was a special guy - somebody that was always interested in what I was doing and somebody that I could talk to about anything.

I will never forget you Chris.
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
17-04-2009, 04:09 PM,
Moyleman
Not sure that I can add anything to some of the wonderful words said about Chris except to say that it was an honour knowing him and I am thankful for the good memories of times running together.

On a Sunday morning in the summer months when the sun is shining and I am running over the downs I will be thinking of Chris.
17-04-2009, 04:15 PM,
Moyleman
I'm still in shock from yesterday's sad news, for me Chris was what running is all about. He always had time to share his experiances and give advice to newbies.
London will be an emotional race this year.
17-04-2009, 08:57 PM,
Moyleman
Thanks for sharing all the great tributes. They make me realise that I hardly knew Chris, compared to some of you. I met him just 4 or 5 times, but it was enough to regard him as a mate. Perhaps that says something about his instant likeability. I feel sad enough about this -- it must be ten times worse for some people who knew him better than me.

I'm sure there will be plenty of local tributes and events and initiatives to mark the life and death of Moyleman. I'll make sure I get to as many as I can, so please keep us posted here.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
21-04-2009, 11:17 AM,
Moyleman
I was very sad to hear Chris had passed away. I first met Chris some 10 years ago when I took up running. I had always aspired to be as fast as him but never quite got there. I can hear him now telling me 'thats cos you don't do enough training!' He had an awesome, quick witted sense of humour.

My thoughts are with Tina, Camilla and the rest of his family.

Keep the Guiness chilled 'til we meet again, mate. Simon
25-04-2009, 10:29 AM,
Moyleman
It has taken me some time to write this, as I seem to have been in a world of denial that this could have happened, but talking today with other runners (who new Chris very well) about Chris and his achievements made me realise to celebrate his life.

Heart felt feelings to Cam, Tina and family

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Running for Moyleman ladyrunner 4 3,982 17-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Last Post: ladyrunner
  Running for Moyleman -Purple bands gary c 0 2,021 18-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Last Post: gary c