FLM numbers PLEASE!!!
26-04-2009, 02:43 PM,
FLM numbers PLEASE!!!
All the runners I've managed to follow are now home.
Here are the official Addidas website times:

Steve Scott: 3:33:20
Fiona Powell: 3:33:34
MarathonDan: 3:56:23
Nick: 4:57:50
Tom: 5:01:05
Suzie Q: 5:01:17

Congratulations to all of you, and to those not mentioned.
I hope your beer tastes nectorious and you feel like gods for the rest of the day.

I'm off for a lie down.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

26-04-2009, 03:21 PM,
FLM numbers PLEASE!!!
Fab news, well done all.

Looks like Tom and Suzie were fighting tooth and nail ,just behind Nick, but did they know? Presumably not as they don't know each other, though they may have spotted an RC shirt in the frenetic sprint to the finish line. And Dan gets his 4 hours. Hurrah!

I tried staying up but could barely keep my eyes open after the excitements of the evening. Was up till nearly 3am trying to get a connection to watch the race but no joy. Had hoped to get coverage on TV here but nothing doing either. Angels v Seattle baseball was good, but nothing I'm sure compared to Dan in his tutu. With most of the wine bottle empty, and unable to keep eyelids hoisted, I succumbed to my bed, visualising you all struggling round Cutty Sark.

Can't wait to hear the war stories.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
26-04-2009, 07:14 PM,
FLM numbers PLEASE!!!
Congratulations, everybody. You all deserve a great celebration.

This marathon fever makes me think that I should also experience this woinderful and at the same time terrible sensation again.

26-04-2009, 08:35 PM,
FLM numbers PLEASE!!!
It's a personal thing, anlu. Lots of pros and cons. For me, they give structure and a sense of destination to a running life, but a marathon can also become an obsession. It would be nice to be able to just run habitually and enjoy it, but I need a goal to keep me going. You shouldn't feel obliged to aim for another marathon.... but they are exciting challenges.

Go for it Big Grin
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
26-04-2009, 09:27 PM,
FLM numbers PLEASE!!!
A big well done to everyone. Watched the race on Eurosport and was looking out for RC representatives but the cameras spent most of the time focusing on this Wanjiru bloke Sad oh well....
26-04-2009, 09:31 PM,
FLM numbers PLEASE!!!
anlu247 Wrote:This marathon fever makes me think that I should also experience this wonderful and at the same time terrible sensation again.
Good way to put it A; wonderful/ terrible.

I don't know if I'll ever take the distance on again; for me it's about goals. I feel I can't do better than Paris in 2006 so it's hard to find the inner motivation. Besides, I love the training & don't care so much for actual races. Perhaps I'll train and see where that takes me.

For some of us it's enough to have been there one time.
There are plenty of other running challenges out there.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

27-04-2009, 10:14 AM,
FLM numbers PLEASE!!!
Personally, certainly at my current stage of life, I wouldn't have been able to complete the training without the motivation of raising money for charity. Once I've taken that on, then it's a job to be completed. I can't get all that excited about doing something just to prove that I can do it. But that's just my personality I guess; I wouldn't want to deny anyone else the sense of satisfaction that they get from running for running's sake.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FLM 2006 predictions? Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 6 2,386 06-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Nigel
  FLM announce 'strongest line-up' Sweder 2 1,398 24-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder
  not made it into the FLM - again. stillwaddler 14 5,167 03-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  Withdrawing from FLM - flu virus. Over to you Sweder... JP the Dream Chaser 5 2,677 16-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  FLM - Energy & Hysteria Sweder 19 7,713 14-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Last Post: stillwaddler