Sorbothane insoles
19-08-2009, 01:56 PM,
Sorbothane insoles
has anyone any experience of using these? My Brooks are just a little hard under the sole of my foot after the 6 mile marker and wondered if these would help. I have used the hell inserts for a while which I like, but am reluctant to fork out for the full thing if it isn't going to do the trick.
Phew this is hard work !
19-08-2009, 04:52 PM,
Sorbothane insoles
I bought some 'Full Strike' sorbothane insoles back in Feb or March, in the final weeks of the Boston training. Tucked under the lining of my shoes, they most definitely added a layer of cushioning. I was paranoid about putting too much strain on my calf again, and was willing to try anything. The manufacturers claim they absorb over 90%+ of the impact from hard surfaces. I've no idea if that figure is accurate but they certainly did seem to help.

If you search on sorbothane on the RW forums you'll find plenty of discussion about 'em -- mainly positive. Not especially cheap (I paid £17.50 for a pair) but in my case, well worth it for the peace of mind and the extra comfort. This is no guarantee that they will work for you!
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
21-08-2009, 09:11 AM,
Sorbothane insoles
thanks for info El G, at your suggestion I went and checked it out on RW. I think I might invest in a pair. I have got a pair of the very thin Neone, so might pop those in and see if they make any difference although they are a couple of years old now. The heel is fine, they just feel rather hard on the sole. It's a pair of New Balance 766 which I bought on eBay after they had phased out the model because I didn't like the "new improved" 767's. To be honest I had forgotten I had them! Perhaps I should just ride with them a while and get used to them, after all they can't be as challenging as Sweder's new nifty footwear :-)

Hope you are thriving, are your running or cycling at the mo?
Phew this is hard work !
06-09-2009, 08:31 AM,
Sorbothane insoles
stillwaddler Wrote:Hope you are thriving, are your running or cycling at the mo?

Erm...... :o
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.