Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This lot should bamboozle Antonio's students...
23-02-2007, 01:04 PM,
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.

2) The farm was used to produce produce.

3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.

4) We must polish the Polish furniture.

5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.

6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.

7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.

8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.

9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.

10) I did not object to the object.

11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.

12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.

13) They were too close to the door to close it.

14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.

15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.

16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.

17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.

18) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.

19) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.

20) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

Confused
23-02-2007, 02:25 PM,
Thank you very much, SP. I´ll try to learn all the meanings first before showing it to my students but I´m sure they will enjoy them.

I hope you can come to Almería next year and do the half as well.

Saludos desde Almería

Antonio

23-02-2007, 02:30 PM,
Better Antonio,
He can come for a whole week and teach your students real "english", pronuntiation, verbs, rehydratation and so on...
Ana Smile
23-02-2007, 02:36 PM,
Ana Wrote:Better Antonio,
He can come for a whole week and teach your students real "english", pronuntiation, verbs, rehydratation and so on...
. . . exotic footwear . . .

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

23-02-2007, 03:30 PM,
Ana Wrote:Better Antonio,

That would be really great, Ana! Maybe next year they can come and talk to my students on the benefits of running and and rehydration!

By the way, it will be great to celebrate your birthday in Almería next year with a cake and celebrating also that you have finished the half marathon!

Saludos desde Almería

Antonio

24-02-2007, 12:23 AM,
anlu247 Wrote:Thank you very much, SP.... I hope you can come to Almería next year and do the half as well.

Antonio, SP won't race Almeria 2008 unless I agree to hold his hand there Sad And I suspect his hydration techniques may not meet the approval of your school, so I'd keep him away from your students. And be wary of Sweder as well, otherwise he may be teaching them the detailed meaning of such phrases as whale oil beef hooked.

Be ever wary of Guinness-drinking Englishman, my friend. It's a maxim that's served us well here in the colonies! Wink
Run. Just run.
24-02-2007, 10:19 PM,
Mid Life Crisis Man Wrote:Antonio, SP won't race Almeria 2008 unless I agree to hold his hand there Sad And I suspect his hydration techniques may not meet the approval of your school, so I'd keep him away from your students. And be wary of Sweder as well, otherwise he may be teaching them the detailed meaning of such phrases as whale oil beef hooked.

Be ever wary of Guinness-drinking Englishman, my friend. It's a maxim that's served us well here in the colonies! Wink

It would be wonderful to meet you here next year, MLCM. We all commented in the last half that we´d love you to be able to come to Almería in 2008. Besides, it would be fine to test if SP can run a half marathon again.

If I had to be wary of every Guinness-drinking Englishman, I´d have to be very cautious with most of them. Anyway, I shared a pint of Guinness with three Englishmen and a Canadian woman at Molly Malone and I must admit we had a very good time together although later we changed to Rioja at "El Quinto Toro".

Saludos desde Almería

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More Verbal gymnastics for Antonio Seafront Plodder 0 825 25-03-2005, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder