Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
July - hmmm
15-07-2007, 05:37 PM,
July - hmmm
A planned Saturday jaunt never materialised as I overslept and required the time to prepare myself for the all-day gig in the heart of Sussex, Music on the Meadow. A great, albeit long day on a slightly breezy hillside overlooking a small stage.

The bands were mostly rocky, a lot doing covers. The last on being the Counterfeit Stones, who were cracking - the lead singer taking Jagger off to a tee. Making the odd quip concerning the other band members shenanigans and about the age of the audience and politely enquiring as to whether any might be related.

No the best was definately last, however it meant I didn’t get to bed until 2am and again missed out on a run, the fact that I woke at 5 to a torrential downpour did nothing for my mood. Have felt lethargic most of the weekend and hope the overall rest will do me good. Right Achilles is also still sore and is probably grateful for the sojourn.

Managed a short run Thursday night with Soft Al’s better half Suzie, who is going well at the moment and training hard. I was finding the going hard after the Wednesday night 'Weakest link' relay in which, I being the fastest team member Big Grin did the last leg and the follow on leg with all team members, only for me to have a great run, leaving them behind having to wait at the line for them to finish.
They straggled in, Soft Al putting in a good effort, not to far behind – Suzie and Clare sauntered in, both struggling from a Tuesday night track session. Anyway I wasn’t flavour of the month after storming off around the course.
Still I felt good and had put in a reasonable performance.

Two runs, not good enough for my diary entry. Hopefully this coming week will get back on track and get the JSJ’s for a get together on Sunday.
Moyleman

Messages In This Thread
July - hmmm - by Moyleman - 01-07-2007, 05:09 PM
July - hmmm - by Nigel - 02-07-2007, 09:23 PM
July - hmmm - by El Gordo - 02-07-2007, 10:45 PM
July - hmmm - by Moyleman - 08-07-2007, 06:06 PM
July - hmmm - by Ana - 11-07-2007, 08:06 AM
July - hmmm - by Moyleman - 15-07-2007, 05:37 PM
July - hmmm - by Moyleman - 20-07-2007, 05:46 PM
July - hmmm - by Moyleman - 29-07-2007, 11:23 AM