Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music clips
23-07-2007, 10:14 PM,
Music clips
I'm pretty sure someone (Nigel?) posted a link to a site where you can obtain music clips - or links thereto - for inclusion in posts. Or did I dream it? Anyway, the YouTube method is a little cumbersome; it would be nice to be able to link to a piece of music now and again without having to include video.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

23-07-2007, 10:38 PM,
Music clips
Anyone?
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
24-07-2007, 07:40 AM,
Music clips
Um, I think it was called Napster and it went out of business several years ago Smile

It seems that you can get away with uploading effectively pirate material to YouTube, presumably because it's considerably lower quality than the retail equivalent (DVD). But of course pirate audio is pretty much identical to the retail product. So I don't think anyone can get away with that in this day and age.

However, I have heard that use of up to 15 sec of audio material does not count for copyright infringement purposes. So maybe there's a market for a YouTube-style site for tiny audio clips?
24-07-2007, 10:12 AM,
Music clips
Nope, it wasn't Napster. Maybe I dreamt it. I'll take a look at Nigel's site . . . pretty sure he was pasting links to music clips over there. For anyone who may be scanning these pages on behalf of the authorities that's Nigel 'Hotblack' Desiato out of Syracruse, New York. Obviously.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

24-07-2007, 09:22 PM,
Music clips
I worked for the BBC for a while, and I seem to recall that they were allowed to broadcast 28 seconds without triggering royalty payments.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sound clips Sweder 4 2,375 28-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Sweder