Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
200708 - Getting worse
22-08-2007, 05:26 PM,
200708 - Getting worse
Congratulations on the new job Andy! I'll be interested in hearing more details. Always exciting (and a little stressful) starting a new job.

Suzie
22-08-2007, 06:18 PM,
200708 - Getting worse
Congratulations old fella!

This might spur you on to run a marathon, maybe one at the end of September.

Hows the training going? Wink
22-08-2007, 09:12 PM,
200708 - Getting worse
You boys are too kind. No, I mean it. Too kind.

But thanks anyway. Look, when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter that much, right? There's always time to regroup. I've been truly heartened by a general acknowledgement among the gang that we shouldn't beat ourselves up too much. I've had a very odd couple of months, and I know for sure I'm not the only one.

New job -- yes, thanks, I think I'll take it. It's a lot more challenging than what I'm up to at the moment, and I'm pleased by that. I've been floating in a comfort zone for well over a year now. Most here will recall that I was made redundant about 16 months ago, and felt pretty gloomy. But almost immediately, this chance came up with my current company, and I was hugely grateful to take it. It's been a good experience, and has paid the mortgage more than comfortably -- but in other ways it's not worked out for me. I'm used to being challenged and slightly stressed. If I'm not, I can drift. For much of the last 16 months, I've been drifting.

As I mention this, a bell jangles in a distant tower. For much of the last 16 months, I've been drifting.

Maybe it's just coincidence. It probably is. But... but maybe I have been too untroubled, too comfortable... You'd think this would give me bags of energy and motivation for running, but perhaps it doesn't quite work that way. Perhaps an edgier existence -- something a touch more fraught --will give me the jolt.

Add to that, this: autumn is here, three weeks earlier than usual. The sky is dark and troubled. Yesss!! Proper running weather.

So the knee is good, and the mind is... better. It's good news.

Antonio -- it would be marvellous if you could come to Brighton for our 10km race... Wink

If recent history is anything to go by (and looking at Manchester United, it may not be... Big Grin), I'll be there, along with Sweder, Niguel, and possibly SP. This year I'd hope to see Moyleman The Mileman, and perhaps Rog and others. Plus the usual bevy of gorgeous, glamorous RC chauffeuses.

Yes, we will all be eating and rehydrating with gusto after the race, and it would be excellent to see you.

Book your flights mate, and we'll look after you.

That's it for the moment.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
23-08-2007, 11:59 AM,
200708 - Getting worse
on landing the job Andy, hope you take it. Mr SW landed a great new job last September and has been loving it ever since, he's altogether much happier.

I'm sure you're right about the just coasting along thing, a bit of edge in your life will probably re-juvenate your running too. You never know you might get that sub 4.15 marathon next yearWink

Glad the knee is better too, did you ever find out what was wrong?

Wish I could make the Brighton run, hope someone takes lots of photos.
02-11-2008, 09:08 AM,
200708 - Getting worse
Notice that QPR sacked Dowie the other week.

How's Daniel Pajero getting on? A lot of Real Madrid fans were surprised they let him go to QPR. He's very highly rated.
11-02-2012, 10:57 PM,
RE: 200708 - Getting worse
Playing at Valencia now, not doing too well...

Welcome back to the training diaries, you are the gaffer after all....Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  200708 -Getting better El Gordo 7 4,184 14-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Nick
  200708 El Gordo 20 9,110 09-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Sweder