Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Migration
09-09-2007, 08:34 PM,
Migration
As of September 2007 I'll be posting all my run reports and other bits and bobs over on the new RC site Smile

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

09-09-2007, 11:08 PM,
Migration
Traitor!

But seriously.... my plan is to leave both operational, in the same way that the old site had a 'front page' and a forum. The difference being that I was the only person who was able to post on the front page previously.

The plan is to get the new site looking pretty much like the old home page. I would hope that people will naturally gravitate towards posting where most appropriate. Perhaps chatting about meeting up for a run at the weekend belongs in the forum, while a report of the run that you met up to do, would be front page material.

Another example: chat about who's going to win the match (whatever the match may be) might be best in the forum, but a longer piece about why the result amounts to the end of civilisation as we know it, deserves the front.

But these are guidelines only. I'm not planning on moving stuff around.

Thinking about it, the forum might be best for anything with an ongoing theme e.g. arranging Almeria 2008.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
10-09-2007, 08:59 AM,
Migration
. . . yes, I like this idea.

I'll stick race/ run reports on the 'front page' and keep the general banter in here. Might lead to a bit of confusion - a number of the JSJers expressed worry on Sunday but I assuaged their fears. Hopefully with the password off we'll see more traffic in the forums.

11-09-2007, 03:03 PM,
Migration
New post published here.

General stuff will continue to appear in these hallowed halls.