Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unmissable appointment for Saturday...
01-02-2008, 02:11 PM,
7 p.m., SkySports Xtra, Sat 2nd Feb

As unlikely as it may sound... Almeria v Real Madrid in La Liga.

Eek
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
01-02-2008, 08:11 PM,
I won´t miss it.

Let´s try and guess the score.

Almería 1 - Real Madrid 1

02-02-2008, 09:46 PM,
90+3' That's it! Real Madrid have lost to newly promoted Almeria! If Barca win tomorrow then the champion's lead is cut to just six points! Thanks for joining us, hasta pronto!
( Eurosport )

UD Almería 2 - Real Madrid 0

I saw the second half at a café by the Rambla. I´m very glad. Almería looks as if the team had won the league. Driveres are beeping the horns. We´ve been lucky since Real Madrid had more chances to score but our Brazilian goalkeeper played very well and all the players in general.

Saludos desde Almería

03-02-2008, 07:42 AM,
Superb result Antonio! Well, well, well . . . perhas Ronald Koeman is feeling a little better this morning. Controversy surrounded Almería's opener, Casillas claiming he'd scooped Juanito's shot away before it crossed the line. The officials disagreed, replays did not really answer the question. I think Alves was lucky not to see red after his assault on Sergio Ramos, but the Gods were smiling on Almería and the card was yellow.

What next for mighty Almería - a UEFA Cup spot perhaps?
How I wish I'd been in Molly's last night! Smile

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

03-02-2008, 11:04 AM,
I didn't catch the game live -- got stuck in Shepherds Bush for a couple of hours after the QPR game, as I waited around for M to finish her shopping trip -- but it was repeated at 01:30 on Sky, by which time I was somewhat overtaken by the days's excitement (and numerous pints of Guinness), and passing in and out of consciousness.

But I did stick it through (I think). Must say I was v surprised that Almeria beat them but they deserved it in the end. Seemed to have more appetite for the fight. Real Madrid had plenty of chances but nothing was going to go in. Re the first goal -- ball definitely looked over the line to me. Agree that the goalie was lucky to stay on the pitch, and what the hell was Casillas playing at, running up the other end like that? His stupidity may have taken some of the heat off Alves.

So a little fortunate, but it was those one or two bits of good luck -- plus tremendous application -- that made the difference. Well done to Almeria. Hope that Xavier and Jorge aren't too sore this morning Smile
El Gordo

03-02-2008, 02:12 PM,
El Gordo Wrote:Hope that Xavier and Jorge aren't too sore this morning Smile
I'm sure they're suffering. The ignomony of defeat to humble Almería heaped woe upon news that Alonso's been taking merciless stick in the British press again this week. Apparently he sulked through Renault's recent F1 2008 launch and has told friends that the car is not comeptitive enough. I'm sure he will have been heartened by news that Renault plan to remove one of his team-mates' arms before the first race Wink

Doctor Mischief
03-02-2008, 03:02 PM,
Sweder Wrote:I'm sure they're suffering. The ignomony of defeat to humble Almería heaped woe upon news that Alonso's been taking merciless stick in the British press again this week. Apparently he sulked through Renault's recent F1 2008 launch and has told friends that the car is not comeptitive enough. I'm sure he will have been heartened by news that Renault plan to remove one of his team-mates' arms before the first race Wink

Doctor Mischief

Well funnily enough, I'm almost on speaking terms with Flavio Briatore (Renault F1 team owner) these days. I sit just behind him at QPR, and have had two hand shakes off him now at the end of the last couple of games. Yesterday I progressed to being able to utter something sycophantic, like "Thank you for saving the club, Flavio", to which I received a sugary smile but no words -- yet. So it won't be long before I'll feel able to offer him some advice on the deployment of his F1 drivers.
El Gordo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Saturday Running Diversion Seafront Plodder 3 2,193 28-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Sweder