Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feb flab - more or less?
06-02-2008, 07:55 PM,
Feb flab - more or less?
Following the less is more principle, I have been training six days per week, but only running short distances. I am however doing a gym session each day as well, and it's all coming together nicely (I nearly said "working out" rather well - sooo glad I didn't) Rolleyes

I've also taken the plunge back into cycledom. I live 5km from work, and while it would be an ideal run, two 5km runs per day is logistically a headache, but it's an easy cycle, especially as there's a cycle path most of the way. Every little bit helps. And slowly, the weight is coming off. For the first time in years I feel my "ideal" weight target is within the realms of possibility. Just need to get there slow and steady. It only takes one injury to throw me off the scent and reverse all my good work. But so far, so good.

Still not sure about targetting a race. For the moment I'll just keep on with what I'm doing. There's not that many races in my part of the world anyhow, and only one marathon/half marathon (which is in January) so any major race will require a deal of travel. A trip to Europe 2009/2010 is a little more likely however, and as we might have to travel during our summer/northern winter, Almeria 2010 is looking a real possibility.

More news as it comes to foot.

MLC Man.
Run. Just run.
06-02-2008, 10:13 PM,
Feb flab - more or less?
Congratulations with your increase in doing exercise and your decrease in weight, MLCM.

It´s a wonderful piece of news that you may come here in 2010 although I don´t know if I´ll be able to wait for such a long time to meet you. Smile

Saludos desde Almería

07-02-2008, 09:38 PM,
Feb flab - more or less?
Speaking as a lardy smoking bastard MLC. If you make it over in 2010 I guarantee I'll be on the starting line with you. Just the incentive I need.

Just make sure you give me plenty of warning....:o
07-02-2008, 10:38 PM,
Feb flab - more or less?
Seafront Plodder Wrote:Speaking as a lardy smoking bastard MLC. If you make it over in 2010 I guarantee I'll be on the starting line with you. Just the incentive I need.

Is it just me, or have people started recycling messages posted 2 years ago? Big Grin
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
08-02-2008, 09:26 AM,
Feb flab - more or less?
Indeed....

Much like our chess game then. :RFLMAO:

My last move:

107 day(s) 13 hour(s) 11 minute(s) ago
Time limit has been exceeded by 98 day(s)
10 days per move

Err....your turn. :p
20-02-2008, 09:02 PM,
Feb flab - more or less?
No races, no news.

But I'm still getting out there Smile
Run. Just run.
27-02-2008, 08:34 PM,
Feb flab - more or less?
At last, another running movie! Well, sort of. But it does feature a marathon, and with Simon Pegg (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of The Dead) and Dylan Moran (Black Books) this was always going to be good.

And it is worth a look.

Favourite line: "The only serious relationship I've been in ended in a broken collarbone and a dead meerkat." ... spoken of course, by Dylan Moran.

[Image: wall18_800.jpg]
Run. Just run.
28-02-2008, 12:54 PM,
Feb flab - more or less?
I enjoyed the film, although, he didn't look particularly fat to me to begin withWink
05-03-2008, 08:48 AM,
Feb flab - more or less?
On the strength this thread, I too saw the film t'other night. Hugely predictable but also very entertaining with some extremely funny moments, most notably the cameo by David Walliams, who I noticed wasn't even mentioned in the credits.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fun-filled funky Feb Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 16 2,193 13-03-2019, 10:43 PM
Last Post: marathondan
  Fab Fun Feb Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 18 7,178 27-02-2017, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  What the Feb? Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 12 3,742 06-03-2015, 10:58 PM
Last Post: suzieq
  Fab Feb Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 24 7,895 28-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Sweder