Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Query for the webmaster
02-03-2008, 05:41 PM,
Query for the webmaster
Andy,
Spring is on its way and I fancy starting another "training diary". Where should I post, here or on the other site? I know that everybody seems to prefer the old "forum" format but I'm tempted to have a go at blogging on the other one as I hardly used it when you first set it up. What do you reckon?

Regards and thanks for the 3 points you took off the Stokies. It could prove useful for the baggies.
03-03-2008, 01:24 PM,
Query for the webmaster
Bierzo Baggie Wrote:thanks for the 3 points you took off the Stokies.

Don't mention it. My pleasure. http://youtube.com/watch?v=iKXH4ElftKk

Regarding the training diary, first of all, great news that you're getting back into the idea. Wish I was. I'm inclined to say do it here. It seems more interactive. More to the point, I need to decide whether to renew the subscription to the TypePad site. Am thinking I may not, but will accept the will of the people.

Any thoughts, anyone?

I suppose it partly depends on my own plans. I'm not in blogging mode at the moment.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
03-03-2008, 01:37 PM,
Query for the webmaster
Forum works for me mate. I like the blog-style format next door but it didn't seem to catch on. Also, for those of us who like to post occasional scraps of thought to go along with their main reports this (forum) works very well.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

03-03-2008, 02:53 PM,
Query for the webmaster
I don't mind either way really, although I seem to have fallen in to using this site rather than t'other for the time being.
03-03-2008, 02:55 PM,
Query for the webmaster
I look forward to it, BB!

Andy, if you're looking for votes for / against the TypePad site, then I guess I'd say stick with the forum only. I suppose the only downside of that is that the quality stuff - which presumably a fair number of non-members come to read - gets buried.
03-03-2008, 09:06 PM,
Query for the webmaster
Fair point Dan, but at least we're not doing a lot of races at the moment so we might be able to paper over the cracks for a while.

As for 'quality', thank god for Sweder. He's been propping us up for long enough. If we're the 1990s Southampton team, and he's our Le Tissier.

Crikey, where did that analogy come from?

Anyway, for the moment at least, let's stick with the forum. If we move to something else, we can always migrate the good stuff.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
04-03-2008, 01:51 PM,
Query for the webmaster
El Gordo Wrote:Sweder . . . If we're the 1990s Southampton team, and he's our Le Tissier.
I'll take that as a compliment and not some thinly-veiled gag about the size of my backside . . . Big Grin

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

04-03-2008, 04:07 PM,
Query for the webmaster
...or the nose. :RFLMAO:
04-03-2008, 07:35 PM,
Query for the webmaster
I'm also not that fussed either way, but it was very confusing having both - it seemed to split the campers, so whichever it is,. can we keep it to just one camping ground?

Seeing as most people have pitched their tents here, it may as well be the forum?
Run. Just run.