Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squeaky Bum Time
17-04-2008, 09:40 AM,
Squeaky Bum Time
It's not been a great week for my poor battered vocal chords.
After hammering them mercilessly in support of the FLM heroes I've endured three days unable to speak properly. My wife disolved into hysterics last night when I arrived home and, in the voice of the ungodly offspring of Lemmy and Mickey Mouse, bid her good evening.

And then last night we saw another giant leap in this dramatic footballing period that Lord Ferg calls 'Squeaky Bum Time'. It's one thing to have a lead over your rivals with a few games left, quite another to get over the finish line. Last night, in the 86th minute of a manic, helter-skelter tussle between two committed sides, Paul Booth struck what could turn out to be a telling blow, thrashing a loose ball into the roof of the Fisher Athletic net to send a packed Dripping Pan crowd into delerium. Not only did Boothy's strike all but end brave Fishers' hopes of making the play-offs it opened a four point gap at the top. Still with a game in hand over nearest rivals Eastbourne, Lewes, the Mighty Rooks who started this campaign with a crushing win over West Ham United, are one win away from the title.

Next match: Saturday 19th April - home to Dorchester Town.
Come on you Rooks!

http://www.lewesfc.com

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

18-04-2008, 04:02 PM,
Squeaky Bum Time
Good luck to Lewes. When we went to see them, I had a funny feeling that we'd be seeing them in the Champions League before long. Looks like my prediction is coming true.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
19-04-2008, 06:57 AM,
Squeaky Bum Time
Sweder Wrote:Next match: Saturday 19th April - home to Dorchester Town.

I'll be looking out for the score this afternoon. Funnily enough the most ferocious opponent I've ever played against was an ex-Dorchester Town centre forward. He played local league football in between spells in prison. I reckon British prisons must be full of top footie talent! Sad
19-04-2008, 09:48 AM,
Squeaky Bum Time
Bierzo Baggie Wrote:I reckon British prisons must be full of top footie talent! Sad
Or should be! Big Grin

23-04-2008, 07:17 AM,
Squeaky Bum Time
Hampton & Richmond 6-0 Lewes

I see the new champions have taken their foot off the gas already!

Down at the other end, Maidenhead have scraped to safety.

And Fisher seem to be back in the playoffs - until Saturday, at least.
23-04-2008, 07:23 AM,
Squeaky Bum Time
marathondan Wrote:Hampton & Richmond 6-0 Lewes

I see the new champions have taken their foot off the gas already!

They'd probably been out celebrating the night before with Sweder...
Run. Just run.
23-04-2008, 10:18 AM,
Squeaky Bum Time
Hmm, well, yes, there were an awful lot of empty champagne bottles rolling around the Dripping Pan when I drove past this morning so there's probably more than an element of truth in that, though I'm denying any direct involvement. As if Rolleyes

For anyone concerned about fielding 'weakened' teams at this time of the season H&R were assured of third spot (and therefore a playoff place) some time ago. Ahem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great race t-shirts of our time marathondan 0 737 06-02-2018, 06:42 PM
Last Post: marathondan
  Time Well Spent Sweder 2 2,123 02-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  Head in hands time. El Gordo 0 1,248 17-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Last Post: El Gordo
  Time to come clean, Ming Sweder 2 1,510 26-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Sweder