Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I might pop down the pub today
26-04-2008, 09:05 AM,
Around 12ish.

And ask if they wouldn't mind me switching the tv over to the Monte Carlo Masters Tennis where it's semi-finals day.

Whaddya think? Big Grin
26-04-2008, 10:19 AM,
I wasn't aware there was a GL&TG bar in Seaford.
Don't forget your tank top sweetie Wink

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

26-04-2008, 11:19 AM,
I could tell you if there was one if I knew what the hell you were on about. :o
27-04-2008, 08:56 PM,
On a serious note, I did think the players' gesture after the first goal was touching.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
27-04-2008, 09:15 PM,
Interesting pic that. I agree Lamps has put on a pound or two but I think his team mates' jibes are taking it a bit far. Big Grin
27-04-2008, 09:26 PM,
That's enough gratuitous pictures of the too-soon-to-say-but-if-bruvverly-love-meant-anyfink-we'd've-won-it-bi-naa Champions :mad:

The show of unity and family values is touching. Like England's Brave John Terrys' programme notes for the forthcoming repeat nuptuals with Liverpool. Apparently the Kop were less than complimentary about Fat Frank's girth or his Mum's illness (she was still with us at the time of the match last week). Terry has reviled Liverpool fans for their uncooth ways . . . and promptly called upon the Stamford Bridge crowd to dish out heaps of vitriol on Wednesday night. I doubt they'll plumb the depths of 'Hillsborough - 96 not enough', sadly reportedly seen by Alan Green before the last Rowdies/ Redskins match, but you can bet it won't be far off.

Fat Frank won't be happy about that, either.
He'll probably kiss his ring when he sees it - and his badge (barf) before leafing through the luxury appartments ads in the Madrid Times. I'd say 'come on Liverpool' if I didn't think I'd put a hex on their chances.

28-04-2008, 09:12 AM,
PFA Premier League Team of the Year

David James (Portsmouth), Bacary Sagna (Arsenal), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), Nemanja Vidic (Man Utd), Gael Clichy (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Emmanuel Adebayor (Arsenal), Fernando Torres (Liverpool).

Not a Blue among 'em, I notice. Would make an interesting statement if they manage to nick the Premiership on the last day.

Nice to see the title potentially going to the wire. Could be the closest since '89?
28-04-2008, 10:37 AM,
Yes, it's getting tense up there, though I have to keep reminding myself that I really shouldn't care too much. Why bother getting sucked into other people's anxieties...? Quite entertaining for the relative neutral though.

Utd have the easier fixtures on paper but, as Arsenal discovered, once you find yourself on a rocky stretch it isn't always easy to get off. Speaking of whom, it should be pointed out that if neither Chelsea or Manu win one of those final 4 games, Arsenal could still win the title Eek

And come on Reading. Do the decent thing and get relegated.

I'm just as interested in the Championship though, where, with just one game left, the title and automatic promotion places are still undecided, and any of 8 sides could end up in the 4 play-off places. And some of those needing to win to get a play-off place are playing sides who need to win to stay in the division! Only 2 games out of the 12 have no bearing on promotion and relegation. I'll be at QPR, where West Brom will want to win to take the title. And will probably do so. Our results have taken on the unmistakably lacklustre patina of a side who are immune to the risk of relegation or (considering Derby) promotion.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
30-04-2008, 12:21 PM,
the last 120 minutes of the game were so hard to watch last night, I needed copious amounts of beer to revive myself.

Could we be on for The Double? That would really be something worth celebrating.

Heard a chap on the radio this morning saying that an all English final is bad for football - now how does he make that out??

Phew this is hard work !
30-04-2008, 12:38 PM,
I couldn't watch it, ended up pacing the house with 5Live on in the background, listening out for any warning sounds of Alan Green going off the scale. Thank God for Ferdinand; his influence on the error-prone Wes Brown has been nothing short of sensational in recent weeks.

Nice to see the boys win one without Rooney - his absence has so often been associated with losses this season. So pleased for Scholes after '99. I'd love him to end his career with a winners medal on the pitch but life rarely runs that smoothly.

All-English final bad for the game? In Moscow perhaps . . . there could easily be horrible consequences. I fear Chelski getting through; our lot won't sleep a wink with all Roman's cronies making a din outside their Dacha the night before. Lord Ferg would be best advised to change his statuatory call for a strong ref to a call for an English one, or at least one who doesn't need a sudden influx of used notes in easy to carry bags. What chance Colina might come out of retirement?

[Image: 57_colina.jpg]

I think the all-English affair reflects well on the Premiership and on the English and foreign stars that illuminate it. Funny to hear Sepp Blatter's concern for the English national game the other day. The truth is no matter who wins tonight the final will contain a good half of the first-choice England eleven. Herr Blatter's time would be better spent looking into fascism on the Italian terraces or racism in the former Eastern Block. I'm sure he yearns for the bad old days when quotas prevented United from playing Giggs, Keane and Schmeichel in the same side because they were all deemed 'foreign'. Much less chance of those nasty English clubs dominating Europe then, eh Sepp?

01-05-2008, 09:16 AM,
I detest Chelski and have no time for their poncy midflield floater (surely 'bloater'? Ed) 'fat' Frank Lampard. But I took off my hat to the man last night when he stepped up to slot the penalty that set Chelski on their way in extra time. I know it's his job and I know he gets SPs monthly salary every week, but still . . . 'nuff respect.

Normal hostilities will now be resumed Smile

01-05-2008, 02:33 PM,
True indeed Swede - apart from the bit about the salary. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things I've learnt today El Gordo 0 1,212 08-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Last Post: El Gordo
  If Nelson were alive today... Seafront Plodder 2 1,740 23-10-2004, 04:52 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man