Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May
30-05-2008, 03:00 PM,
May
I re-read this with envy.

I have to clarify 'though...I have just got back from a lunchtime session at the Stockport Beer festival - Swilltoddler strikes again.

If I re-read it tomorrow and it still sounds good I might be tempted to give it a go.

( You won't believe how many times I had to re-type this :-) hic.
Phew this is hard work !
30-05-2008, 04:10 PM,
May
Lucky old you Wink

I took off for a long luncheon - to play the opening round of the MGS Summer Matchplay against Ken 'The Whopper' Wappling. I was obliged to give the Whopper 8 shots and duly got 'whopped' 2 and 1 in a match that was a good deal closer than it should have been. Gent that I am I offered to buy my victorious opponent a pint of Harvey's. Harvey's was off so we settled for a horribly sub-standard pint of Shepherd and Neame equine by-product. Had the beloved Sussex ale been on hand I might still be there - instead I'm back at my desk, sober and beaten.

Seaford half on Sunday so probably just as well :o

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

30-05-2008, 11:50 PM,
May
The Shepherd Neame must have had a bit of potency in it, after all Sweder texted me to tell me about Ken's unexpected victory, even though I have no idea who Ken might be, and no interest in golf.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
31-05-2008, 02:39 PM,
May
El Gordo Wrote:The Shepherd Neame must have had a bit of potency in it, after all Sweder texted me to tell me about Ken's unexpected victory, even though I have no idea who Ken might be, and no interest in golf.

Easily explained.
SP is the keeper of records for MGS - I mistook the first 'Andy' entry in my phonebook as his. Of course he's listed under his other nome de plume; Lard.

Currently watching Dellaglio's swansong for Wasps in the RFU Guinness Premiership final at Twickenham. Searching for inspiration to lift me out of bed tomorrow for the Seaford Half :o

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph