Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calendar
10-05-2008, 09:44 AM,
Calendar
It would be good to use the calendar (link on the the blue toolbar, above).

It's not the snappiest add-on I've seen but I can see uses for it. Apart from owt else, it lists forthcoming dates at the bottom of the front page which is kinda cool.

Couple of points -- what you put in the event title is what appears on the front page so a format similar to:

Beachy Head Marathon - Sweder (entered)
or
Nottingham Half (Andy - possible)

would be useful as a snapshot of who's thinking of doing what.

Don't just use for races. If you're starting marathon training, or if you want to focus your mind with an "Adelaide Marathon - Christ, only 6 weeks to go", message go right ahead. If you want to put anything non-running in, please do, if it's something that may be of interest to the group.

To use:

Click 'Calendar'
Click 'Add new event' (right hand side)
Put whatever you want in the details part, but only the title will appear in the list below.

To edit, click on the date, and find the dropdown: 'Event options' on the bottom right of the calendar page.

I think I can change the number of days ahead we can see, so I'll have a play with that.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
11-05-2008, 11:17 PM,
Calendar
(How) can I add my name to an existing event/ one logged in by another user?
ie: the Jog Shop Jog - Moyleman logged the race and I can't edit details (add myself as a 'will enter') in 'calendar'.

[SIZE="1"]NB this horrible failure to interface with new technology may be the result of an accumulation of fine Sussex ales[/SIZE].

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

12-05-2008, 07:11 AM,
Calendar
I've made all existing Calendar users moderators so you should be able to do what you need to do now.
El Gordo

12-05-2008, 08:34 AM,
Calendar
You ARE the man. Thanks Smile

23-12-2008, 11:53 AM,
Calendar
Who has races lined up for 2009? Why not add them to the calendar? If you're not sure how, please read the first message in this thread, If you still have trouble, let me know and I'll take a look at it.

Even if races are tentative, add them anyway.
El Gordo

24-12-2008, 03:22 PM,
Calendar
EG

I've just filled the calendar up with the BHTT 5k!! SmileSmile

I will add more races when I have decided what I am doing. So far I only have Almeria in my 2009 race diarySadSad!!

Is there anyway that we can have a 'I'm running this race' button so that we can see who is doing each race in the calendar?? I'm not trying to avoid anyone - promise!!Big GrinBig Grin

JulieSmile
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
24-12-2008, 04:12 PM,
Calendar
ladyrunner Wrote:EG

I've just filled the calendar up with the BHTT 5k!! SmileSmile

I will add more races when I have decided what I am doing. So far I only have Almeria in my 2009 race diarySadSad!!

Is there anyway that we can have a 'I'm running this race' button so that we can see who is doing each race in the calendar?? I'm not trying to avoid anyone - promise!!Big GrinBig Grin

JulieSmile

Thanks LR -- Adding that sort of "Watch out, there's a Sweder about" functionality would require more programming ability than I have, unfortunately. Workround: for individual events, the best lower-tech option would be for individual runners to edit the event details to add a note saying that they are planning to run it. This doesn't work well with your BHTT listing because anything added to one, updates them all. But should be fine for one-offs. To edit an event, you click on the "Event options" dropdown ans you should see Edit Event. If you don't, let me know and I'll check your permissions.
El Gordo

24-12-2008, 07:32 PM,
Calendar
To extend EGs wise words I'd say for BHTT use the JSJ part of the forum to say who's in and who's out at BHTT each week and add names to the bespoke events/ individual races.

So, who fancies the Stinger next year?
If I've still got two knees I want another crack at that monster . . . Eek

[SIZE="1"]Point of order: exteranious bravado courtesy of two pre-supper B52s. Well, a man has to get his eye in before the Christmas morning B52/ Mimosa fest . . . Wink[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Calendar wills 2 1,883 05-03-2003, 09:18 AM
Last Post: El Gordo