Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juno
01-06-2008, 05:49 PM,
Juno
Saturday's charity run put paid to any chance of a decent time at Seaford. Just over 7 mindless miles on a 1/4 mile loop. Oh well, all for a good cause (Cancer research). See first pic.

Having not run 2 consecutive days for a while. I slipped into a slugfest with the Cuckmere river trailing in behind Sweder by 5 minutes. The big fella running a great 2 hours (See 2nd pic of course).
No energy even for a sea dip, much to my consternation.

Still a pint of Guiness and half of Harveys put me in a better mood.
A good few weeks and hopefully I'll be ready for Bewl.

Attached Files
.jpg   Trail Stanmer Park 31-05-2008.jpg (Size: 77.47 KB / Downloads: 66)
.jpg   Seaford half.jpg (Size: 87.83 KB / Downloads: 66)
Moyleman
01-06-2008, 06:52 PM,
Juno
Saturday's event pics

Attached Files
.jpg   Course.jpg (Size: 72.88 KB / Downloads: 64)
.jpg   Stanmer Park.jpg (Size: 81 KB / Downloads: 65)
.jpg   Prawn.jpg (Size: 73.85 KB / Downloads: 64)
.jpg   Sara.jpg (Size: 71.42 KB / Downloads: 64)
.jpg   Rog-air.jpg (Size: 83.87 KB / Downloads: 64)
.jpg   team brighton.jpg (Size: 75.55 KB / Downloads: 64)
.jpg   entertainment.jpg (Size: 83.4 KB / Downloads: 64)
Moyleman
01-06-2008, 09:32 PM,
Juno
No pics of MM? Such a mindless course did at least seem to have some distractions! Did you wear a gorgeous white dress too?
Run. Just run.
01-06-2008, 09:39 PM,
Juno
That first pic is pretty amazing.

And amazingly pretty...
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
03-06-2008, 06:04 PM,
Juno
I happen to be the one sweating profusely, 2nd pic. in.

Dynamic yoga last night loosened the limbs.

Had a physical day at work so taking it easy this eve. - I'd normally do a spin class. Still a bit jaded from Sundays exertions.

College tomorrow so next training opp. is Thurs and Dave's 5k @ the Marina.
Moyleman
06-06-2008, 08:51 PM,
Juno
No Garmin pic unfortunately, left forlornly @ home.

A gentle outgoing 2.5k from Black Rock to West Street and a swift return by the same route. Overtaken on the turn by an impressive Dave, I tried hanging on his tail for as long as humanly possible.

Ending up a minute down, with the stagger 4 mins in total. Still had some Seaford half weariness in my legs.

A lovely warm evening, my lungs heaving to recover at the end.

Fri - Have just been shanghied into running the SDR after my sister pulled up with her calf muscle in the 5K.
Lawks a lordy, now I'm driver, navigator and competitor - still I can justify having Sunday off now. My 3 legs adding up to about 14 miles.

Off to the land of nod and a 4am alarm call.

Look out for some more Garmin pics Sunday, from my 3 leg stint.
Moyleman
06-06-2008, 10:07 PM,
Juno
Moyleman Wrote:Dynamic yoga last night loosened the limbs.

Dynamic yoga? Isn't that just dancing? Smile
Run. Just run.
08-06-2008, 01:36 PM,
Juno
Another beautiful day on the Sussex Downs. I got to see more first hand on this classic race. A 96 mile slogfest from Eastbourne to Winchester.
I'd been roped in at the 11th hour following my sister Camilla's dodgy calf. Luckily I had the relatively easy, short legs. See Sat pics below in order of run.
Leg 3, 4.5 miles, Bo-Peep to Itford farm , yes there is a lot of sheep.
Leg 10, 3.75 miles, Springhead Hill to Houghton.
Leg 18, 5.5 miles, Yes I brought home the bacon on the final leg - Holding farm to Chilcomb in the depths of Hampshire.
What a long, exhausting, thoroughly exhilirating race.
Up at 4am to get the minibus from Withdean. I was co-driver, navigator and now competitor for the Brighton A team formerly ladies, because of my inclusion.
We started in high spirits, team photos taken, the off at 6am on the Beachy Head cliffs. The day is hectic, as soon as the leg runner comes in, straight back on the bus, no time to lose as we race to the next leg finish.

Attached Files
.jpg   Race Bo Peep to Itford Farm - Leg 3 SDR 07-06-2008.jpg (Size: 85.24 KB / Downloads: 55)
.jpg   Race To Houghton Leg10 SDR 07-06-2008.jpg (Size: 72.6 KB / Downloads: 54)
.jpg   Race Holding Farm to Chilcomb - Leg18 SDR 07-06-2008.jpg (Size: 85.19 KB / Downloads: 56)
Moyleman
08-06-2008, 04:18 PM,
Juno
Fellow driver, navigator and team photographer, Soft Al's gallery
Moyleman
09-06-2008, 07:49 AM,
Juno
Top man! Or should that be . . .
Nice work, stepping in last minute.com - and excellent work from Le Soft, too. Some familiar faces. Next year Team Duffer??? I'm in Big Grin

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

22-06-2008, 03:23 PM,
Juno
A beautiful blustery morning awaited only 3 souls this morning, myself Ladyrunner and Helen.

We elected for the 12mile snake route, a gentle pace and lovely underfoot, the ground nice and dry. The mad dash descent down and back up to the snake approach being a tad overgrown, our ankles singing at our endeavours to keep mobile and upright.

A quick gel and we were onto the snake proper, I felt particularly strong today, doesn't happen often and I fairly flew up the serpent. However I was astonished on the last slope up to the gate to be overtaken by a slip of a lad, Iplod firmly in place. Apparently ladyrunner knows him from another local club. Just goes to show it doesn't matter how fast you think you're going that there is always someone younger, quicker and leaner.

I got to the gate and simply admired the fact that I had got there, I felt good and breathing was shallow - the view breathtaking, the wind rippling the verdant vista, the grass luminescent in the mid-morn sunlight.

We trailed back through East Brighton Park - I managed to stonk down through, 6 1/2 min miling at one point.

A great run banked after having had a week off. Next Saturday beckons for my next long 'un.

I have managed to get some tickets for Radiohead @ Old Trafford next Sunday. Should be a corker.
Moyleman
23-06-2008, 07:06 AM,
Juno
Moyleman Wrote:However I was astonished on the last slope up to the gate to be overtaken by a slip of a lad, Iplod firmly in place. Apparently ladyrunner knows him from another local club. Just goes to show it doesn't matter how fast you think you're going that there is always someone younger, quicker and leaner

This is the guy:
http://www.realbrighton.com/photo/238299

Dave Carter from Phoenix AC 1st in the Brighton Beacon Half Marathon 2008 in 71mins 17secs
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
24-06-2008, 11:58 AM,
Juno
This guy's got some pedigree, a racehorse compared to my shirehorse efforts.Big Grin
Moyleman
28-06-2008, 01:57 PM,
Juno
A 5K blast Thursday night and a good improvement, just outside 22mis. with a headwind going out.

Dave's 5K special was a balmy evening. A hardworking, sweaty, nostril flaring affair - the back felt good, after a lot of stiffness. I think the yoga is doing wonders for posture and trimming the lard right back.

No Sunday run, as I'm off to Manchester and a Radiohead gig.
A massage planned for Monday night, so July looms its head and Bewl a week away.

Will probably only do one run during the week and save my energies.
Moyleman